• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • randyb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    My 10/22 was a track driver and fun to shoot. Only problem I had was cleaning them was a pain in the butt.

mandolin3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I suggest getting a stock 10/22, shoot it a bunch to see how you like it, (you may like it just the way it is). After that, you can decide if you want to upgrade with any of the many aftermarket parts/accessories that are out there.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    I really hate my 10/22T. It has caused me much embarassment. My son shoots it better than I do at any range up to 50 yards. It is my gun and he should respect his pappy and let me win on the few occasions that we get to shoot together. He does not have to wear trifocals, however and has much steadier hands. He does this same thing to me with every one of my firearms that I let him touch. Maybe it is payback for when he was young and I bought him his first pellet gun and used to outshoot him and laughed about it. I would even mount the targets on cardboard and give them to him.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    They are fairly accurate out of the box. However, in my opinion, the Remington 597 and Marlin Model 60 are more accurate out of the box. Sure you can upgrade the 10/22 to you hearts content. I own one so I'm not bashing them. However, it is the most picky out of all the semi-auto .22's I have owned or shot. Mine will only run 100% reliably using hyper velocity ammo. The 597 I owned would cycle anything, from sub-sonics to hyper velocity, and everything in between. Same with my Dad's model 60.

003-16.jpg

This is my 10/22 it's a 95 build.

1. Butler Creek side folding stock
    2. UTG rail
    3. Fiber optic front and rear sights
    4. Burris rings
    5. Bushnell Banner 3x9x40 scope
    I bought this rifle in its current configuration. The trigger feels like it has had some work done to it. It feels smoother and crisper then a stock trigger.

I did have a Bushnell Trophy 1x30 red dot mounted on it. It did pretty well at 50 yards in terms of accuracy. I just need to get it sited in, and do some accuracy testing with it. This is the only customized .22 I own. If I want accuracy I'll grab my Savage, My :twocents:

2500ekW

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Oct 17, 2010
    Zionsville
    If someone tells you a 10/22 does not shoot straight, the problem is them, not the gun.

I have one of the discontinued "all weather" models. Mine has a stainless trigger and guard. Some of the new ones have a plastic trigger and guard. I'm sure they work just fine and I'm guessing its more of a weight/feel issue.

lrwatson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    10/22 Tactical Target

I have a new one with an NcStar red-dot. Great fun on steel. I've changed the bolt-handle and the added a mag-release lever for better ergonomics. Also added a BlackHawk lace-on cheek piece for the height of the sight

Top Bottom