They can turn in their guns if they want, but I'm keeping mine.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Sometimes people make mistakes and realize it later. Or some event changes the way they perceive things.

Not sure why all the cynicism in this thread, and I definitely don't get the portrayal as weak or fragile.

I appreciate your fairness. I admit to my cynicism, I would not extol it as a virtue. Sorry if I have been unfair in my assessment. Being quick to judge others and making false judegments is not virtuous. By the same token, neither is it virtuous to demonize the guns, and then fail to address the root cause of what really went wrong.

In the past few weeks we have seen a pro football player commit murder and suicide. Then we see a mentally unstable character break into a school and murder 20 kids and their teachers. I understand that people get emotional and want to blame something. That something in these cases is typically guns.

I am frustrated because I would really like to see the real issues addressed instead of a constant emotional bashing of guns that does nothing to solve the real problem. I don't like to see innocent people killed either. What are we doing to offer our children more protection? I don't think an assault weapons ban is the answer our children need. I understand we are all human. But going after the rights of law-abiding people is not going to stop the next muder-suicide or mass shooting.

Again - sorry for my cyncism - you called it correctly sir. I am expressing my own frustration. I only hope you can be as understanding toward a fellow gun owner as you are with those who would like to see your rights revoked.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom