• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    good grief people. Its all over the place, in adds in all the gun magazines. WTH?

It makes gun owners look like complete idiots.

Now mossberg (iirc) has a zombie shotgun? WTH???

really...look it from an outsiders perspective that maybe picks up a G&A in the doctors office or something

The zombie thing isn't new....it goes all the way back to 1968 and George Romero's Night of the Living Dead. That movie spawned a host of sequels, as well as a new genre of movies. It has since become a classic.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    scoobydoo1.jpg

I was made aware that Zombies were real during a Scooby Doo movie "Zombie Island" where Fred tried to pull a zombie's mask off and off came the head. It was the first time that the monsters in a Scooby Doo show/movie were actually real. That was 1998.
    That's when I think it all started.
    Zoiks

Naw...it goes back to 1968, and Night of The Living Dead.

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    Nope, it goes back to at least the 50's. Zombies From The Stratosphere. I don't see why all the fuss is being made. Playing cowboys and Indians, army, post apocalyptic mutants (70-80's) and now zombies is all just good fun growing up. (and refusing to grow up) Along with sword fighting and jousting from bicycles. Screw PC, it's called fun people. Remember fun? Back when your favorite stick was your best toy and imagination flourished.

awilson82

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    I like the zombie stuff. Too many gun guys are too uptight and the zombie stuff is just some fun. Fun (and protection) is the reasons all of us blow crazy amounts of $$$$ and time on this hobby.

Someone else said it already but I see it no different that CAS.

Bahrutile

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2012
    Everyone knows that a crossbow works the best, gun fire brings more zombies... I think imho its a fun way to get ready for what could happen in real life not zombies but what people prep for... If your going to prep and store food, water, supplies and the like why not have fun with it?

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    Honestly.........

I do enjoy zombie movies and games and yadda yadda,

But in all seriousness, to most gun enthusiasts, Zombie represents ANY apocalyptical outbreak, (economic, crazed-disease, aliens, ANYTHING).

It IS an easy way to write off in the books to non-gun supporters and people who don't get the concept of personal protection...
    It's an easy way for the general public (non 2A supporters) to look past the "OMG, guy has guns; he's psycho" vs "Oh cool, he likes Zombies".

In 2012, It's a representation that, joking aside for brain-hungry fictional zombies, you're a prepper in some form or fashion.

Top Bottom