• ...and so much more!
  • Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Own no "Operator" or "Zombie" stuff.

Being an art/music person...............zombie was in the old days a term used (even by us late nighters) for the drunken/hungover person(s) coming into the breakfast house (usually a Denny's).

Specific terminology, not applied to the general late hr masses.

I do however think it applicable these days (in a wider sense) to be a substitution for the word "liberal".

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    I think the zombie fad is a great thing for the firearms community.

It's not my thing, but the new generation of gun owners seem to be into the comic/movie/gamer base. So naturally we've heard young people remark about this or that being in Call of Duty or some other video game.

Companies (good ones) know a good marketing tool when they pay attention.

I think guns marked as "Tactical, Operator, Commando, etc" are just as stupid as any "Zombie" inspired product, especially the middle aged fat guy that buys an "operator something" and really believes he's an operator.

My mom says im an operator........

Jake

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Hell man, I even saw a "Zombie" documentary on television a few weeks ago. It had these clowns that dress up as Zombies and just hang out. I thought to myself, "Yeah, that's what I want to be, a smelly rotting corps just hanging around". Sigh.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    No harm in some Zombie Love. I like The Walking Dead show, enjoy all the zombie stuff @ gun shows, and "gasp" I have a Zombie Hunter T-Shirt I picked up @ last fall's Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot. The chicks dig my T-Shirt, I politely smile & tell them I'm married....ok, maybe, just maybe I made that last part.

KillStick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Anderson
    It is whole heartedly taken over the muncie area, almost all of the younger shooters have converted or taken this zombie thing to the max. You can't go to the ranges anymore with out seeing some kind of zombie propaganda .

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    I don't mind the movies and tv shows, I find them entertaining, but I don't base my whole arsenal around them.

scoobydoo1.jpg

I was made aware that Zombies were real during a Scooby Doo movie "Zombie Island" where Fred tried to pull a zombie's mask off and off came the head. It was the first time that the monsters in a Scooby Doo show/movie were actually real. That was 1998.
    That's when I think it all started.
    Zoiks

Cannon762

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Gas City Area
    I'm with you, OP, I can't take it anymore. I think this was my absolute last straw. I was talking to some very comic-book-obsessed friends about guns, as they were discussing which guns they wanted to buy in preparation for the OMGZOMBIEAPOCALYPSE. It came up that I daily carried and one of them asked why I carried a gun. I said, "for the protection of myself and my family, should the need arise." They then started glancing back and forth like I was some kind of nut.

"I have guns for the rise of mythological creatures from the grave" = socially acceptable

"I have guns to protect myself and my family from real-world people who want to do us harm" = nutjob

:dunno:

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    Sorry for the call out, but some of you take it too seriously (the zombie hating thing).

It's been mentioned once; I'll mention it again, in detail.

In the 90's? If you liked Zombies, you wore black clothes and upside down crosses.
    It's not the 90's anymore.

And the Zombie hype is no different than people that are Star Wars fanatics.
    It's a hobby. Why knock it? If you're not into it, don't buy it or anything about it.
    It's only all in good fun. I'm absolutely a Zombie movie/game fanatic, but I don't own any Zombie GUNS. Some stickers/shirts, etc here and there? Sure.

For sake of all beloved Gun Owners, if you're into Zombies, you're probably into Prepping in some fashion,
    and keeping it on a civil level and keeping it fun, an apocalyptic crash (like a zombie outbreak) just keeps things interesting/something to have fun with.

Again, if it's not your thing, don't worry about it. It's not hurting anybody and it certainly isn't as bad as some weird things people are into. If you'd like me to supply examples, I may.

Jeff

Last edited:

ubertux

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    Tell City
    Sorry for the call out, but some of you take it too seriously (the zombie hating thing).

In the 90's? If you liked Zombies, you wore black clothes and upside down crosses.

It's a hobby. Why knock it? If you're not into it, don't buy it or anything about it.
    It's only all in good fun. I'm absolutely a Zombie movie/game fanatic, but I don't own any Zombie GUNS. Some stickers/shirts, etc here and there? Sure.

For sake of all beloved Gun Owners, if you're into Zombies, you're probably into Prepping in some fashion,
    and keeping it on a civil level and keeping it fun, an apocalyptic crash (like a zombie outbreak) just keeps things interesting/something to have fun with.

Again, if it's not your thing, don't worry about it. It's not hurting anybody and it certainly isn't as bad as some weird things people are into. If you'd like me to supply examples, I may.

Jeff

+1

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Jeff

Makes sense. My only disagreement....every gun I own would and could be used on a Zombie...:D

Top Bottom