• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trapperDave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Morristown, IN
    good grief people. Its all over the place, in adds in all the gun magazines. WTH?

It makes gun owners look like complete idiots.

Now mossberg (iirc) has a zombie shotgun? WTH???

really...look it from an outsiders perspective that maybe picks up a G&A in the doctors office or something

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    I have never understood the whole zombie thing anyway. I think that unless it hits national media or major cable/tv shows, most people who are not gun enthusiasts give little attention to the whole thing.

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    I swear this thread comes up once a month. ><

They are merely marketing their products to a different audience. I don't like it anymore than you do, but that's capitalism :D

Behold the almighty dollar!

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I think the zombie thing is just a way of adding humor to prepping. If you are a prepper and believe in TEOTWAWKI or the apocolyps, or even long term SHTF you are labeled as an extremist or crazy.

BUT if you are prepping under the humerous context of just in case the zombies come, then its just humerous and no labels are attached to you.

I often use the "zombie" excuse when non preppers or non 2nd Amendment supporters ask me about my need for so many guns or my freeze dried food and water purification. or when they see i have 10k rounds of 22lr. Its an easy way to deflect the label you know you are about to recieve and kudos for the firearms market for understanding this.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    I think the zombie thing is just a way of adding humor to prepping. If you are a prepper and believe in TEOTWAWKI or the apocalypse, or even long term SHTF you are labeled as an extremist or crazy.

BUT if you are prepping under the humorous context of just in case the zombies come, then its just humorous and no labels are attached to you.

I often use the "zombie" excuse when non preppers or non 2nd Amendment supporters ask me about my need for so many guns or my freeze dried food and water purification. or when they see i have 10k rounds of 22lr. Its an easy way to deflect the label you know you are about to receive and kudos for the firearms market for understanding this.

Interesting perspective

GaDawg

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2012
    Muncie
    I believe or in my opinion "Zombie" is referring to the mindless lemmings that will follow the govt to any length. Lets just say that things to get really bad and there is another civil war. It won't be North and South it will be the people tired of the govt F***ing everything up vs. the people that believe the govt has their best interest in mind. So in my mind the Zombie Apocalypse will be when all the free thinkers get sick of it and say ENOUGH.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    The zombie thing

I guess everybody can find something to like about the whole zombie thing. Personally, I was quite pleased to find that my wife's 1:12 Howa .223 shot Hornady 40 gr ZMax (Zombie Max) very well. Better yet, the ZMax bullets, which are reportedly just VMax with a green tip, are considerably cheaper than the same weight VMax at Midsouth. Go Zombie!
    :rockwoot: :rockwoot:

ilikeguns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Prairie Creek
    good grief people. Its all over the place, in adds in all the gun magazines. WTH?

It makes gun owners look like complete idiots.

Now mossberg (iirc) has a zombie shotgun? WTH???

really...look it from an outsiders perspective that maybe picks up a G&A in the doctors office or something

It's marketing. There are silly/stupid/crazy marketing ploys for just about any product under the sun. Lighten up and have some fun. If you get worked up over an ad campaign like this you are wound too tight IMO.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    I think the zombie thing is just a way of adding humor to prepping. If you are a prepper and believe in TEOTWAWKI or the apocolyps, or even long term SHTF you are labeled as an extremist or crazy.

BUT if you are prepping under the humerous context of just in case the zombies come, then its just humerous and no labels are attached to you.

I often use the "zombie" excuse when non preppers or non 2nd Amendment supporters ask me about my need for so many guns or my freeze dried food and water purification. or when they see i have 10k rounds of 22lr. Its an easy way to deflect the label you know you are about to recieve and kudos for the firearms market for understanding this.

I agree with this.... We all use guns for a bunch of different reasons. Some collect, some compete, some punch paper and some train.... but when you get to the essence of guns, they were created for one purpose and it isn't a pleasant one.

If you purchase guns or train with guns as part of your prepping plan or for defensive purposes, then you are preparing to kill someone and its a lot easier and a lot more pleasant to envision your intended target as being a souless un-dead zombie.

I don't see anything wrong with it... actually think some of the stuff they come out with is kinda cool and have thought about doing a zombie themed AR just for ****s and giggles. To each their own... some like stainless steel, some like tacticool... some like zombie.

A lot of meth addicts in Indiana look like Zombies anyway.... Is it any less realistic to shoot at targets with pictures of business men on them?

jjohnisme

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 11, 2009
    Brownsburg
    I believe or in my opinion "Zombie" is referring to the mindless lemmings that will follow the govt to any length. Lets just say that things to get really bad and there is another civil war. It won't be North and South it will be the people tired of the govt F***ing everything up vs. the people that believe the govt has their best interest in mind. So in my mind the Zombie Apocalypse will be when all the free thinkers get sick of it and say ENOUGH.

I've thought this for some time. The term "zombie" is just a cover-up for that type of person. The one who just trudges through day after day with no intent of bettering themselves or their communities, those who are heavily dependent on government aid for no reason (or whom are too lazy to work), and they despise the working class and the wealthy because they should "give a little more" but don't.

That person IS a zombie, just not the movie-type flesh eating kind. And you're right about the dichotomy, but always remember: The gov't wants us all to be against eachother, it's a good distraction tool. It's not about republican vs democrat vs independent, it's not about rich vs wealthy... It's about liberty and being free, or oppression and indentured servitude.

A lot of meth addicts in Indiana look like Zombies anyway.... Is it any less realistic to shoot at targets with pictures of business men on them?

Also, this. Who's to say the act of being attacked by a small lady will be less likely than a large armed male? Statistics show one thing, but as everyone here can tell you: We prepare for the unexpected, as well as the expected.

Last edited:

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I think the zombie fad is a great thing for the firearms community.

It's not my thing, but the new generation of gun owners seem to be into the comic/movie/gamer base. So naturally we've heard young people remark about this or that being in Call of Duty or some other video game.

Companies (good ones) know a good marketing tool when they pay attention.

I think guns marked as "Tactical, Operator, Commando, etc" are just as stupid as any "Zombie" inspired product, especially the middle aged fat guy that buys an "operator something" and really believes he's an operator.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Living in the city the word "Zombie" is a code for those who move about after dark. They are un-employed, on the dole and fairly useless. We see them around dusk during the migration of the Zombie down to the corner package store. They gather there until made to disperse by the local LEO.
    These are the real Zombies. They do exist. Rule #3...double tap.....:draw:

Top Bottom