The Younger/Dryas comet impact crater found...How old is civilization??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Like the article says, jumping the date to 130,000 years is going to be a hard sell to a lot of archaeologists.

Anything that shakes the tree is a hard sell for those guys...They fought for thirty years whether there was people here during the Ice Age and until that point was found at Clovis, NM stuck in the rib of an excavated mammoth they would not budge on it....

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    So much could have happened in the past of this planet and left no trace. To flat out deny something just because it wasn't seen before is pure folly. There very well could have been humans on this continent 500,000 to 130,000 years ago and they may have gone extinct long before the Clovis peoples came along. Rather than outright rejecting the theories you've posted here, I would think scientists would be trying hard to find more evidence to try to validate or invalidate the findings. Sad that so many instead choose to just judge with no effort because it is not what they KNOW to be true.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Something to throw into stew pot.
    The idea represented is that the alignments of temples around the world demonstrate where "north" has been at various times.
    And that those locations (thus demonstrated) show the progression of movements of the geographic north pole.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKgUGDuuVB4

This has been a fascinating subject for me since it was discovered that the core of the earth rotates at a speed different from the crust.
    That means they are slipping past each other. And all those guys like Hapgood talking about crustal displacement over the years, well maybe they weren't so goofy after all.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Something to throw into stew pot.
    The idea represented is that the alignments of temples around the world demonstrate where "north" has been at various times.
    And that those locations (thus demonstrated) show the progression of movements of the geographic north pole.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKgUGDuuVB4

This has been a fascinating subject for me since it was discovered that the core of the earth rotates at a speed different from the crust.
    That means they are slipping past each other. And all those guys like Hapgood talking about crustal displacement over the years, well maybe they weren't so goofy after all.
    Talk about flying in the face of precedent. Advanced Civilizations that we know about actually dating all of the way back to possibly 300K years ago. It would be interesting to have someone check his math on all of his assertions.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Rather than outright rejecting the theories you've posted here, I would think scientists would be trying hard to find more evidence to try to validate or invalidate the findings. Sad that so many instead choose to just judge with no effort because it is not what they KNOW to be true.

Randall Carlson said he used to get mad about it until he realized they did that to every theory that comes down the pike...They've written books and have careers...No one wants to be proven wrong....I know one time about 40,000 years ago we were down to between 500-2000 people based on the DNA bottleneck...Then again 11,700 years ago at the end of the Younger Dryas we lost a bunch of people as well....Which we still honor their passing around the world every October 31st to November 2nd as Halloween, All Saints Day, Festival of the Dead, etc.....

This video is very interesting on the cosmic origin of Halloween....In the mid 19th century anthropologists first began to notice that every culture, including our own, celebrate those three days, no matter northern/southern hemisphere or old world/new world....This half hour video really brings it all together....

[video=youtube;75hVrv392BY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75hVrv392BY&t=245s[/video]

The meteors came out of the taurus constellation which explains the ancient carvings showing an heroc figure stabbing his sword/spear into the shoulder of a bull while stars come from the wound...

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Chesapeake bay was created by an asteroid impact....

w-oldBay_promo.jpg

Chesapeake_Crater.11271650_std.jpg
    Cool-Crater-Picture.jpg

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Just so you know I am going to do everything in my power to keep this thread going....Impact estimates from the Comet Research Group....

https://cometresearchgroup.org/comets-diamonds-mammoths/
    These guys need to clean up there stuff.

From that link to their PDFs I found this on the very first one.
    1. Sudden return of Ice Age temperatures 12,800 years ago
    3. Sudden, major change in the Clovis culture
    ✓10s of millions animals went extinct in a short time
    ✓Mammoths, mastodons, and saber-toothed tigers disappeared
    ✓The last similar event was more than 3.5 million years ago
    ✓After about 1400 years of warming, temperatures plunged 10°C (50°F)
    ✓That abrupt change is called the Younger Dryas (YD) cooling episode
    ✓ It is the most unusual cooling event in about 2 million years
    A temperature drop of 10°C is not a drop of 50°F, it is 18°F. Still a huge drop, but mistakes like that get people to dismiss you quickly.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    These guys need to clean up there stuff.

From that link to their PDFs I found this on the very first one.

A temperature drop of 10°C is not a drop of 50°F, it is 18°F. Still a huge drop, but mistakes like that get people to dismiss you quickly.

True...But a pretty nice website overall......I went down the list of the 63 scientists and they are all from pretty good universities and with Dr in front of their name...I wonder if we are missing something...I can't imagine them not catching that....

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    True...But a pretty nice website overall......I went down the list of the 63 scientists and they are all from pretty good universities and with Dr in front of their name...I wonder if we are missing something...I can't imagine them not catching that....
    I can't imagine what it would be. What it looks like they did was convert +10°C to F, which would be 50°F. What they wanted was an increase of 10°C, which is 18°F.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I can't imagine the Tsunami created by multiple impacts. That in and of itself would wipe most coastal civilizations off the map.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    I can't imagine the Tsunami created by multiple impacts. That in and of itself would wipe most coastal civilizations off the map.

Maybe, maybe not. Waves aren't strictly additive by a long shot.

It would depend on where the impacts occurred, and when, relative to one another.

-Nate

Old Bear

Greyman Apprentice
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 19, 2016
    Newton County
    I live on the edge of an impact crater. It is called the Kentland Impact or Kentland Anomaly. Even all these thousand of years later, the water tables and soil layers will be totally different a few yards apart. It makes well drilling interesting:)

Top Bottom