The Younger/Dryas comet impact crater found...How old is civilization??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Indiucky have you seen some of the cool digs theyve done on steamboats on the rivers? I think they are mainly Mississippi river steamers but they are wrecks that were covered in mud in the 1800's and since the river changes coarse some they are now under solid ground and dug up by archaeologists
    It's pretty cool. Your map made me think of it
    That period of American history fascinates me.

That's so awesome about your stomping grounds. If those caves could fully talk

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I'm confused.
    I thought the Europeans brought horses over with them.
    That there wasn't any prior to them coming over. But once they got here they proliferated.
    Was I wrong? :scratch:

North America had horses during the Ice Age but they were wiped out by......Old thought is primitive (Clovis) man...New thought is the Younger Dryas impact event........As I stated earlier I just can't see men with fluted points wiping out the mega fauna...from Alaska to South America in 1000 years....

F5.large.jpg

Last edited:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Indiucky have you seen some of the cool digs theyve done on steamboats on the rivers? I think they are mainly Mississippi river steamers but they are wrecks that were covered in mud in the 1800's and since the river changes coarse some they are now under solid ground and dug up by archaeologists
    It's pretty cool. Your map made me think of it
    That period of American history fascinates me.

That's so awesome about your stomping grounds. If those caves could fully talk

I love those steamboats man....The caves do kind of talk....I love just sitting in it and feeling the time....Here's some of my stuff I've accumulated over the years....Until the 80's we could walk the riverbank by the Falls....Now you have to get past Silver Creek I think...My grandfather found a lot of this in the 1930's...

DtG0M5IVAAA2fU4.jpg:large

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    They would have had to be....:)

"Hey honey me and twenty of my buddies are going hunting.....Expect maybe three of us back for dinner..."

They were probably the originators of the, "I don't have to outrun the bear, I just have to outrun you", joke. Only to them, it wasn't funny.;)

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    And long faced bears just moped around their cave.:laugh:

Wait no! I ain't buyin' it. If the internal combustion engine wasn't developed until sometime in the 1800's AD how did bears have mopeds thousands of years ago?:dunno: And wouldn't that have helped their migration and hunting abilities vs travel on foot???

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    North America had horses during the Ice Age but they were wiped out by......Old thought is primitive (Clovis) man...New thought is the Younger Dryas impact event........As I stated earlier I just can't see men with fluted points wiping out the mega fauna...from Alaska to South America in 1000 years....
    s

Given the amount and severity of the injuries found in many the human skeletons unearthed from that time period, it appears the beasties gave back a lot of what primitive man dished out and casualties were likely high. Brings new meaning to "live fast, die young". Of course it wouldn't have been necessary for them to hunt and kill the large and by far most dangerous predators to make them extinct, eliminating their prey would have done the job. That would have made it easier but eliminating the large prey animals would have taken an enormous toll on primitive man. It seems beyond belief that primitive man had large enough populations to support the kind of attrition that would have been required to make so many species of mega fauna extinct.

Short faced bears outran buffalo!!!!

742c5363d1c3e225b539f1c23bba7ac8.jpg

Current grizzly bears are faster than a thoroughbred, I wouldn't want to imagine the speed of those scaled up mega bears.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Of course it wouldn't have been necessary for them to hunt and kill the large and by far most dangerous predators to make them extinct, eliminating their prey would have done the job. That would have made it easier but eliminating the large prey animals would have taken an enormous toll on primitive man. It seems beyond belief that primitive man had large enough populations to support the kind of attrition that would have been required to make so many species of mega fauna extinct.
    Current grizzly bears are faster than a thoroughbred, I wouldn't want to imagine the speed of those scaled up mega bears.

The few remaining holdouts on the "Blitzkrieg" theory are the same scientists pushing man made climate change....They seem to have a hard time accepting that life can be tough on this fragile sphere spinning around in space and that we are not the biggest threat...

We are told that the Chicago Fire of 1871 was caused by "Ms O'Leary's cow knocking over a lamp..." Funny thing is when these fires took place? Astronomers were keeping an eye on a comet who's tale passed through our orbit....

Ms O'Leary's cow sure got around huh?

Q5YVF4DIEI475DGQDG22VGWMWQ.jpg

Z
    fires-october-1871.jpg
    7105391.jpg
    fire.png
    Americas-Worst-Firestorm-1.jpg
    23011405.jpg
    1871Fires_shadow.png
    slide_1.jpg

The comet theory from Chicago Now.....

Could a comet have caused the Great Chicago Fire of 1871? | Chicago Weather Watch

Ms O'Leary's cow.....AKA Split Comet Biela....

060207biela.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biela's_Comet

Last edited:
    Top Bottom