The ticket I got yesterday makes me dislike leo's more.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Come on and ride with us.... instead of talkin crap :D'

also ic code is 9-21-5-1 "speed unreasonable under conditions/ to fast takeoff"

That's also called a UNSAFE start.

If you can't fathom that you pulled the wheel off the ground on any public road and not think it's a unsafe act then you have no reason being on the motorcycle.

Being able to drive any vehicle is a privilege and what goes hand in hand with that privilege is operating it in a safe manner.

Never in my life when riding on the road did I feel the need to lift the front wheel on a street bike, now a dirt bike in a proper area, different story.

Stop whining, man up, shut up, and pay the ticket. :spend:

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Because of that very judge, the legislature capped fines on such things effective July 1.

That judge is going up on charges that he was unfairly treating people and also because of one case that he was severely chastised for.

The Star wrote an article about him and they did mention the possibility that he might be removed from the bench when he goes before the review board.

Gpfury86

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Guns it, pops a wheelie in front of a cop and then gets angry because the cop pulls him over. That cop should lose his job for such a blatant show of force and utterly rediculous over-reaction! :)

Some people message me and say they agree with me and some people don't doesn't really matter. Most cops suck the good ones are scarce, but for the ones that are cool and use common sense, props to you guys.....

You didnt see a marked cruiser and yet you say you weren't putting anyone in danger by your stupid stunt? Thank GOD there were no children/elderly/pedestrians/vehicles in your path you that you might NOT have seen.
    Just pay your ticket and stop crying about your lack of judgement.

LOL LOL LOL man such a stupid stunt I put everyones life in jeopardy including the knats I was killing by riding my motorcycle through the country air. I didn't identify the vehicle that was coming towards me from 3000+ or more yds away (which was my only lack of judgement in the whole deal). I'm not sure how to make this any more clear, I remained in my lane never made any erratic or wreckless manuevers just accelerated up to the speed limit barely pulling the front wheel off the ground which was not clear to the officer cause he did not notice I had done that, I just know it doesnt take much in first gear to barely bring the wheel off the ground, it is not dangerous u simply let off the gas and grab brakes and I could be stopped faster than almost any average vehicle going at 45 or so mph or whatever I was going. Theres nothing dangerous to accelerating up to speed fast if u guys want to argue about children and pedestrians being in front of me cause i've heard several people say this, well they could of ran out of the cornfield and jumped in front of me I guess anything is possible, but going anything under 55mph with a 04 gsxr 1000 at about 400lbs, quite certain its gonna stop about half the distance of an average vehicle or at least do quite a bit better...... I am always more worried about someone running over me if I ever have to brake fast when someone is tailgating... Not crying about anything. Were on a gun internet forum in the breakroom section.... some people will never see my point I guess, but thats fine.... lets just let this thread die not really going anywhere all said and done. To some people I was in the wrong and some people I was in the right, The ticket isn't really a big deal since theres no speed limit on it, I've already stated this once and people keep coming back and starting stuff, human nature I guess, when someone disagrees.

Gpfury86

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Ignorant yes ur right that comment is somewhat ignorant Sorry I'll rephrase most of the ones I have ever met are egotistical and enjoy having power. The ones that are doing the job cause they enjoy it and want to protect people seem less than the other.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Ignorant yes ur right that comment is somewhat ignorant Sorry I'll rephrase most of the ones I have ever met are egotistical and enjoy having power. The ones that are doing the job cause they enjoy it and want to protect people seem less than the other.

Bottom line my friend is that you screwed up and got popped as a result. It is not the end of the world.

Yea some cops are on a power trip. But for the ones that are they usually have short and or very lonely careers. One funny thing about the LEO world. It is small and once you get a bad reputation within the LEO community it typically doesn't go away. LEO's tend to be unforgiving to the members of their ranks that are screw ups,drama queens and habitually use poor judgment. They are always watching and listening.

Pay your ticket. Get a diversion if you qualify. Save the silly stuff for the track or some desolate country road at 0200 hrs. IMO you are wrong for coming on here and bashing a cop/cops just because you got nailed.:twocents:

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville

I'm not going to bash you or call you names for the comments you have made. I will do better that and ask you to put your money where your mouth is. If you think all or most cops are just power hungry idiots......then do something about it, and no *****ing about it on the internet doesn't count. As has been suggested by some of my brothers in blue.........become one and then if you don't like what you see change it from the inside.

I will take it a step further though.........if you don't want to quit your job for a cops salary........most Sheriffs Dept's and some of the larger local dept's have a reserve program. I think if you truely wanted to know the truth instead of just *****ting about it you would be really surprised at what you found out.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I'm not going to bash you or call you names for the comments you have made. I will do better that and ask you to put your money where your mouth is. If you think all or most cops are just power hungry idiots......then do something about it, and no *****ing about it on the internet doesn't count. As has been suggested by some of my brothers in blue.........become one and then if you don't like what you see change it from the inside.

I will take it a step further though.........if you don't want to quit your job for a cops salary........most Sheriffs Dept's and some of the larger local dept's have a reserve program. I think if you truely wanted to know the truth instead of just *****ting about it you would be really surprised at what you found out.

Good idea.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Yea some cops are on a power trip. But for the ones that are they usually have short and or very lonely careers. One funny thing about the LEO world. It is small and once you get a bad reputation within the LEO community it typically doesn't go away. LEO's tend to be unforgiving to the members of their ranks that are screw ups,drama queens and habitually use poor judgment. They are always watching and listening.

That's no lie.

Gpfury86

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    All of u guys make good points. Thats good to hear coming from someone from the inside. Don't get me wrong I appreciate the cops that are doing their jobs for the right reasons! I just despise the ones that try to make me feel like I am a lesser equal to them. There are no reason for the leo's having to be an a$$holes, I am always respectful to them, would be nice if they were respectful back to me.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green

The reason I don't become a LEO is the same reason I don't become a Preacher...
    I am not that big of a hypocrite, personally...
    There are to many laws on the books that I do not agree with that are enforced...

Not meaning this as a bash just the reason behind why it is not an option for me...

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Take the louder than loud exhaust off your bike.
    If you don't own a Harley you can't get away with loud exhaust.
    Every car I have built with headers and 2 chamber Flowmasters they attract way too much attention.
    My cars have much quieter mufflers now.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Harley riders don't get away with having a loud exhaust, at least not with me. I wouldn't be as ****ty with them if they didn't use the street in front of my house as a drag strip every chance they got.

Well, as someone who has ridden Jap bikes since I was a teen, I can tell you that you are the exception, not the norm.

I have even had several LEOs tell me that they tend to let Harleys slide on the exhaust thing since they are "American Made".

I got pulled over by a motorcycle cop once for my exhaust, and his Harley was louder than my bike! I told him so, and he got all huffy with me and told me to "get out of here or next time i see you I am towing your bike".

Another story, several of us on Jap bikes got pulled over on the Circle years ago, a friend on a BMW got stuck at the light and wasnt with us. When my buddy got close to us, one LEO started toward him to flag him over too, and the other one said: "..not him, that's a Beemer".

True stories.

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Harley riders don't get away with having a loud exhaust, at least not with me. I wouldn't be as ****ty with them if they didn't use the street in front of my house as a drag strip every chance they got.
    Yours and mine both.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Wrong. Owning and riding a motorcycle for thousands of miles has taught me how a motorcycle is controlled and steered. The principle of operation for both types of motorcycles is precisely the same.

It's obvious that you know at least something about riding a motorcycle, so I'm not even sure why you bothered to post this trash.

Guess someone missed the memo... SARCASM DUDE

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I've had my Harley Ultra for over 3 years now and it still has the same stock exhaust. I about cried when I first picked it up from the dealer because it's so quiete. But since then, I've grown to appreciate it. Don't want it drowning out my XM radio!

Depending on my shift, I come or go from my house at about 4-5 am. I don't want to **** my neighbors off.

Top Bottom