The ticket I got yesterday makes me dislike leo's more.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gpfury86

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    I was running to the store the other day to grab some epoxy so I jump on the bike and go to turn onto state rd 135 down south. I am usually very observant of people around me, but I was careless and really didn't pay attention to what kind of car was coming because it was pretty far away. I turn out onto 135 and gas it some in 1st and maybe bring the front wheel off the ground 6 inches max. (riding a gsxr 1000) I then let off and shift into about 4th or 5th and am cruising at the speed limit. Cherries and berries light up behind me and I pull over and get a ticket for unreasonable speed for the conditions/ to fast takeoff. I asked him if I was speeding and he says I don't know if u were speeding I just thought u that was to fast for the conditions. I understand i didn't need to take off that fast, it's just I havent been riding like a puss for the longest time and cruising at barely over the speed limits an just twist the throttle some gettin onto a 55 mph state rd and this cop writes me up for something worthless like this. must have needed to make his quota. Sorry just frustrated cause I haven't had a ticket in 3 years guess I was due for one, but I think I will sell my bike soon cause cause it is just an attraction to leo's eyes and they are just waiting for someone to due anything they can pull ya over for. So any way the epoxy ended up costing 130 bucks instead of 5... lol

Last edited:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    nalees has some good advice.

Did you sign the ticket?
    If you don't sign the ticket you can get out of it.
    If you did, just remember the next time you get pulled over refuse to sign the ticket.
    The officer will have no choice and have to let you go. They trick people like this all the time.

Gpfury86

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Haha first response was someone stating i am crying about gettin a ticket... lol should have expected that I guess..... flame suit on....

I have never fought a ticket if he does show up and the judge sides with the cop which ive heard they always do, what happens then?

Last edited:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Either go to court and hope he doesn't show, or keep your wheels on the ground next time. Be glad you didn't get a reckless driving ticket.

It is really hard to steer with your front wheel off of the ground. If anything had appeared in front of you (dog, child, another car also not paying attention and pulling out too fast), you would have gone down. I guess a ticket is one of the better things that could have happened!

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    bring the front wheel off the ground 6 inches max.

but I think I will sell my bike soon cause cause it is just an attraction to leo's eyes and they are just waiting for someone to due anything they can pull ya over for. So any way the epoxy ended up costing 130 bucks instead of 5... lol

You don't think that maybe bringing the front wheel off the ground would get the LEO's attention? You should sell your bike if you can't keep the front wheel on the ground sometings wrong with it.:D

Gpfury86

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    I am not the average sport bike rider I could ride a wheelie for two miles if I wanted there was no one in front of me but an open straight rd. I've seen people go down hard and mess themselves all up and I know what can happen. I just have never heard of a ticket labeled "unreasonable speed for the conditions". I will most likely just pay it and go on, maybe get a harley or something slow so the temptation isnt there lol. Just my opinion I did nothing wrong got up to the speed limit fast and ha complete control over my bike. wasn't trying to do a wheelie or show off just got up to speed and was cruising.

Last edited:

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    My guess is that many LEOs consider front wheel off the ground to be unsafe, and assume that it means that the speed/accelleration is too high. I know some guys pull the front wheel every whipstich, and think nothing of it, but after 40+ Yrs. of riding, I just don't do it on the street....too much other stuff to watch out for! I believe I'm better off pushing the limits in the dirt or on the trail.....Those trees aren't moving @ 55MPH.;)
    But man! don't quit riding...you'll hate yourself afterwards. Just a little more self control, I'm sure, is all it will take. (And maybe a few track days.) :yesway:

robbran144

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    southside/greenwood
    I just have never heard of a ticket labeled "unreasonable speed for the conditions"

Really? go past the right cops when it is snowing,raining,foggy faster than they feel is safe and you will will get that ticket

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    I had all four wheel of a car off the road a few days back....and I was only doing 45 mph.

It was one of those small hills on the roads that get you all the time.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    nalees has some good advice.

Did you sign the ticket?
    If you don't sign the ticket you can get out of it.
    If you did, just remember the next time you get pulled over refuse to sign the ticket.
    The officer will have no choice and have to let you go. They trick people like this all the time.

I've never heard of this and can't imagine there isn't a work-around. :dunno:

Gpfury86

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    At least they didn't shoot your dog.

Was the cop able to see the wheel off the ground? If not, fight it

I dont think he was able to see it, I figured he'd mention it if he did. Prolly just heard my akropovic exhaust when I opened up the throttle. I just know I would get a judge that thinks I am some punk kid that gets everything given to him and is wreckless yada yada.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I really do like those bikes. Everything about them - they way they sound, they way they handle, the way they look.

I've owned an older FZR and a Ducati and wished I 'd kept the Yamaha. But for me (in my case only), I think I don't belong riding one on public roads. I would've like to have joined an amateur racing club but that's a whole 'nother hobby and money pit. More money than what I was willing to spend.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I would show up to court and argue the case, if you lose you still end up paying the same fine and court cost.....usually.

Dress in nice clothes, and be very respectful. You never know it might go your way.

Top Bottom