The ticket I got yesterday makes me dislike leo's more.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.
    So I leave the bar last night after a 6 hour Irish whiskey and fried cheese bender and hop in my cherry '86 Silverado with glass packs and 44" super swampers. It was about 2am and I was trying to be quiet so I only gave it 3/4 throttle as I left the parking lot. I admit, I was being careless when I jumped the curb and took out a mail box and a fire hydrant. I managed to swerve back onto what I think was the road when boom, Hawaii 5-0 lights me up. There is no way that a cop car can keep up with my bored out 350 so I floor it. That lasted about a half mile when a tree jumped out in front of me. I figured I'd better chug the last of the Jameson I had when Barny Fife runs up with his gun drawn and drags me out of my truck. The nerve of that guy. Dude puts me in cuffs and orders me to "Blow on this." Well I aint blowing nothing on the side of the road at 2 in the morning without someone buying me a drink first. So I attempt a head butt/reverse judo kick combo and TJ Hooker tazes me. The next thing I know I wake up in jail. Had to post bail and I even had a court date. Can you believe that?!

-1 for cops.

Last edited:

Squirt239

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    North of Brownsburg
    I am not the average sport bike rider I could ride a wheelie for two miles if I wanted there was no one in front of me but an open straight rd. I've seen people go down hard and mess themselves all up and I know what can happen. I just have never heard of a ticket labeled "unreasonable speed for the conditions". I will most likely just pay it and go on, maybe get a harley or something slow so the temptation isnt there lol. Just my opinion I did nothing wrong got up to the speed limit fast and ha complete control over my bike. wasn't trying to do a wheelie or show off just got up to speed and was cruising.

Seriously? I've been riding a cycle for 12 years. If you feel the need to "get on it" to get out in traffic...wait. Kudos to the cop for pulling you over and giving you the ticket. It's reckless and dangerous. If your front wheel is off the ground you can't steer. If you can't steer, what would happen if a kid walked out in front of you? Just be glad he didn't get you for reckless driving, take your bike, your license and throw you in jail for 5 years. Until you have to be on the scene of someone gutted after they were "just getting on it," you'll never understand. I've seen WAY too many people become vegetables, or worse killed, for irresponsibility. It's really no laughing matter...at all. Then to get on here and blame the LEO for your ignorance...you're in the wrong place.

Sorry for the rant...

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    So one could fix the front wheel of a motorcycle so that it wouldn't turn and the motorcycle would still turn to whatever direction the rider leaned? I admit I have never operated a motorcycle, so I might be wrong on this. I just wonder why the front wheel would need the ability to turn if the turning motion isn't really needed.

You could fix a motorcycle's front tire so it turned only a few degrees (maybe 5-10 degrees each direction) and it'd only impair low speed operation. To get the bike to lean/turn at speed, the rider does input a slight amount of handlebar input (actually in the opposite direction in which he expects to go, which is called countersteering). The amount of actual handlebar input necessary is minimal, and it is possible to have quite a bit of directional control without turning the handlebars at all.

The only real reason handlebars on motorcycles turn so much is for controlling it in a parking lot. That's about the only time the rider ever uses the range of motion available. I have never actually hit the steering stops on my bike while moving. Crotch rockets like the OPer's hardly have any handlebar motion at all, because they're so light that it doesn't take very much countersteering force at all to get them to lean.

In downzero's defense(wow, never thought I'd say those words), he clarified every argument you have before you even posted.

1. He was going in a straight line; when traveling in a straight line, you lean.

2. You mention him taking a 90 degree turn...

Wouldn't you be going 10 mph or less when taking a 90 degree turn?

Thank you. I won't claim to be an expert on motorcycles but I have owned one for three years (which I just sold on Ebay) and rode it about 6,000 miles. Obviously I know enough to know that it's not as simple as the naysayers made it sound.

In the OP's defense, also, it's not hard to pull the front wheel 6 inches on a 1000cc crotch rocket. It doesn't even have to be intentional. Those bikes have a LOT of power--I'd imagine 150+ horsepower, which is over twice what my Harley has--and my bike weighs 20-25% more than his as well.

Gpfury86

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Seriously? I've been riding a cycle for 12 years. If you feel the need to "get on it" to get out in traffic...wait. Kudos to the cop for pulling you over and giving you the ticket. It's reckless and dangerous. If your front wheel is off the ground you can't steer. If you can't steer, what would happen if a kid walked out in front of you? Just be glad he didn't get you for reckless driving, take your bike, your license and throw you in jail for 5 years. Until you have to be on the scene of someone gutted after they were "just getting on it," you'll never understand. I've seen WAY too many people become vegetables, or worse killed, for irresponsibility. It's really no laughing matter...at all. Then to get on here and blame the LEO for your ignorance...you're in the wrong place.

Sorry for the rant...

The cop obviously didn't think I was wreckless or he would have wrote me for that, he saw it first hand, and he never mentioned me doing a wheelie thats how minute it was.... the ticket says speed unreasonable for conditions. Thats because thats the only thing he could write me up for because I wasn't even speeding!!! The conditions were dry pavement and an open road..... with two cornfields on both sides, I didn't deserve a ticket I wasn't wreckless thats my point! I have gotten tickets for things I deserved and felt better about them cause I knew I deserved them...

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    omg dude u shuld have totally ran from that pig and showed him how leet ur skillz are lol hahaha why do peple flip out its just a wheelie in the middle of trafficz lol :dunno::dunno::dunno: omg i would fite that ticket in court and i heard that you can ride a wheelie anywhere you want its totally legal no bs dude totally.

leet

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    The cop obviously didn't think I was wreckless or he would have wrote me for that, he saw it first hand, and he never mentioned me doing a wheelie thats how minute it was.... the ticket says speed unreasonable for conditions. Thats because thats the only thing he could write me up for because I wasn't even speeding!!! The conditions were dry pavement and an open road..... with two cornfields on both sides, I didn't deserve a ticket I wasn't wreckless thats my point! I have gotten tickets for things I deserved and felt better about them cause I knew I deserved them...

Just because he didn't write you for it doesn't mean he didn't think it was reckless. The last motorcycle I pulled over only got 1 ticket when I could have wrote him a few and locked him up on a couple things.

Contrary to what some belive we don't write for or arrest on everything we can..........in fact the number that do that is actually very very small. Our traffic unit's Sgt likes to write for anything and everything he can.......and in response I have told him to his face he is an idiot for it.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Thank you. I won't claim to be an expert on motorcycles but I have owned one for three years (which I just sold on Ebay) and rode it about 6,000 miles. Obviously I know enough to know that it's not as simple as the naysayers made it sound.

In the OP's defense, also, it's not hard to pull the front wheel 6 inches on a 1000cc crotch rocket. It doesn't even have to be intentional. Those bikes have a LOT of power--I'd imagine 150+ horsepower, which is over twice what my Harley has--and my bike weighs 20-25% more than his as well.

So, owning a Harley makes you knowledgeable about sport bikes... OK then. Did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express too???

Also I'm pretty sure all the guys that race sport bikes in ama and come out of the corners with the tire a few inches off the ground are in control.

And I'm sure most of the riders on here recognize the difference between behavior that's acceptable on the track vs what's acceptable on the street. Riders who don't (or choose to ignore it) are called squids.

back when I was younger I would do stand up wheelies on 465 for miles while weaving in and out of traffic on one wheel. Its all about balance.

Of course, we are not talking about stand up wheelies, we're talking a wheelie under acceleration.

I understand i didn't need to take off that fast, it's just I havent been riding like a puss for the longest time and cruising at barely over the speed limits an just twist the throttle some gettin onto a 55 mph state rd and this cop writes me up for something worthless like this.

Face it, just with this statement, you are admitting guilt. You're pissed off at the cop, because he caught you.

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    picture.php

How in the world do you steer with one wheel on the ground ?

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    So, owning a Harley makes you knowledgeable about sport bikes... OK then. Did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express too???

Wrong. Owning and riding a motorcycle for thousands of miles has taught me how a motorcycle is controlled and steered. The principle of operation for both types of motorcycles is precisely the same.

It's obvious that you know at least something about riding a motorcycle, so I'm not even sure why you bothered to post this trash.

Gpfury86

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    And I'm sure most of the riders on here recognize the difference between behavior that's acceptable on the track vs what's acceptable on the street. Riders who don't (or choose to ignore it) are called squids.

I also recognize the difference, the roads are not a race track thats obvious, just trying to make a point.

Face it, just with this statement, you are admitting guilt. You're pissed off at the cop, because he caught you.

I am admitting to taking off fast, but the cop could use some discression and see that I was not wreckless there were no hazards around or traffic and I did not exceed posted speed limit. If I pulled out into traffic and stood it up on the back wheel and was ridin down 135 on the back wheel at 80 I would expect it. Just didn't think it was necessary for a citation here. If u guys do thats fine I got the citation if that makes u feel better.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Guns it, pops a wheelie in front of a cop and then gets angry because the cop pulls him over. That cop should lose his job for such a blatant show of force and utterly rediculous over-reaction! :)

E'villeGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    You didnt see a marked cruiser and yet you say you weren't putting anyone in danger by your stupid stunt? Thank GOD there were no children/elderly/pedestrians/vehicles in your path you that you might NOT have seen.
    Just pay your ticket and stop crying about your lack of judgement.

Top Bottom