The Sheeple Are Freaking Out on Facebook..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Just put this up under Tylers latest post on their 'wall'

Agreed and seconded. In fact, if you really are intending to educate the public, how about doing a feature piece about gun ownership, gun safety, firearms law, etc. I am absolutely positive that there would be a great many people in the State that would love to contribute. There are many beginners programs here that target new gun owners to help educate them, keep them and others safe.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    O-M-G! It will allow people to go to a range "and" transport a firearm "in a case" and "in the trunk of their vehicle". What to do. OMG!

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    O-M-G! It will allow people to go to a range "and" transport a firearm "in a case" and "in the trunk of their vehicle". What to do. OMG!

NO! you miss heard them it will allow you to CARRY a gun and give criminals a free pas to all firearms. How can you miss the bad rulings of our elected officials. Just you wait and see gangs will now start using grenade launchers in drive-byes and M249 machine guns in street battles.
    :ar15:

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    NO! you miss heard them it will allow you to CARRY a gun and give criminals a free pas to all firearms. How can you miss the bad rulings of our elected officials. Just you wait and see gangs will now start using grenade launchers in drive-byes and M249 machine guns in street battles.
    :ar15:
    Thanks for the correction.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Greetings from Bloomington
    :welcome: 2 :ingo:

We all don't know all the answers, but we know who to talk to, and where to get the answers! :D
    ^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    welcome, this site is very addicting. and bad for you wallet:spend:you will see lots of guns for sale and other peoples toys and want more for yourself.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I'm kind of glad they ran it. I mean in a twisted sort of way, it was really fun shooting down all the sheeple arguements on their FB page yesterday. What do do you think Roadie? I know you were locked, cocked, and rockin there yesterday too.

Agreed
    I think we even changed a couple minds..

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Don't argue with an idiot - they only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Trying to educate ignorant sheeple is like educating a person that has been blind since birth about colors

I disagree. We actually had a couple people "come around" on that thread. I would rather educate a small percentage, than none at all..

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I just went there, but no place to comment....? I guess they closed it...? Saw one post where a woman upset..."I don't mind seeing those with a license being able to carry but this new law will now allow criminals to carry an thats just wrong!!!...bla, bla bla..." The bad part is she talks about her childrens safety....so she's a mother an raising children.....this is scary.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I just went there, but no place to comment....? I guess they closed it...? Saw one post where a woman upset..."I don't mind seeing those with a license being able to carry but this new law will now allow criminals to carry an thats just wrong!!!...bla, bla bla..." The bad part is she talks about her childrens safety....so she's a mother an raising children.....this is scary.

Went where? Facebook or WTHR.com?

If you are talking about FB, you have to "Like" the WTHR page first..

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    The way i read the law, you can legally carry a loaded handgun in your car without a license. is this correct?

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    The way i read the law, you can legally carry a loaded handgun in your car without a license. is this correct?

Sorry, but no.

You can have a loaded handgun in your vehilce Only if you are a LTCH holder as it was before. The law changed to allow transport of an unloaded handgun, securely wrapped and not readily accessible in your vehicle to a range or training class in addition to the locations previously the code.

It also allows the carry of a loaded handgun on your property, during certain hunting situations, and on the private property of another, so long as you have permission from the owner.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    (1) the person is in or on property, or in a vehicle, that is owned, leased, rented, or otherwise legally controlled by the person; (2) the person is lawfully present in or on private property that is owned, leased, rented, or otherwise legally controlled by another person, if the person has the consent of the owner to have the handgun on the premises, is attending a firearms related event, or is receiving firearms related services; (3) the person is lawfully present in a vehicle, that is owned, leased, rented, or otherwise legally controlled by another person; (4) the person is carrying the handgun at a shooting range, while attending a firearms instructional course, or while engaged in a legal hunting activity; or (5) the handgun is unloaded and securely wrapped

from what i read it says i can carry a handgun if its in a vehicle owned by me. It says nothing to the effect that it has to be unloaded and securely wrapped. #5 says or ,not and. since it says or, it makes me believe that i can carry a handgun where ever as long as it is unloaded and securely wrapped. if it said and, it would mean that it pertained to the following measures.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    (1) the person is in or on property, or in a vehicle, that is owned, leased, rented, or otherwise legally controlled by the person; (2) the person is lawfully present in or on private property that is owned, leased, rented, or otherwise legally controlled by another person, if the person has the consent of the owner to have the handgun on the premises, is attending a firearms related event, or is receiving firearms related services; (3) the person is lawfully present in a vehicle, that is owned, leased, rented, or otherwise legally controlled by another person; (4) the person is carrying the handgun at a shooting range, while attending a firearms instructional course, or while engaged in a legal hunting activity; or (5) the handgun is unloaded and securely wrapped

from what i read it says i can carry a handgun if its in a vehicle owned by me. It says nothing to the effect that it has to be unloaded and securely wrapped. #5 says or ,not and. since it says or, it makes me believe that i can carry a handgun where ever as long as it is unloaded and securely wrapped. if it said and, it would mean that it pertained to the following measures.

My apologies, I may have been mistaken. I've read over it and over it in the past and thought I had it down pretty much to the letter. Geez, I must be falling for the BS that the ISP guy on TV said yesterday.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana

Is there more to the transport segment than that? Because the way I read what is posted, that's what I see as well because of the "OR" in #5... And #3 appears to allow carry in anyone else's vehicle if you're in the vehicle lawfully... With the semicolons each section is a seperate condition, with no "and" making any one dependant on the others...

Now I really am confused because it has the appearance of some of the sheeple being correct...

Granted, felons still can't carry, but it seems to give more leeway than just to and from a range, and locked/unloaded/out of reach.

Top Bottom