The (Semi) Official Trump Election/Inauguration thread...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I'm not saying this is authoritative and I'm no expert on this issue. But it does differ with your opinion, Doug.

https://www.conservativereview.com/...uild-homes-is-settled-under-international-law

I get where you are coming from. This issue is almost impossible to get an "unbiased" source of information on.

Here is an article from a nonprofit Quaker website: https://www.afsc.org/resource/israel’s-settlement-policy-occupied-palestinian-territory

It claims that the settlements are completely ILLEGAL under "...Article 49 of the 4th Geneva Convention...and...The Hague Convention of 1907(vii)..."

It also discusses the very unequal treatment of Israeli's v/s Palestinians.

Here is a Jewish website that has a very critical view of the settlement issue: Settlements | B'Tselem

Regards and Happy New Year,

Doug

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Well it appears that the Obama administration and the dems have been trying to give land back to the Mexicans.

Not to derail, but how is the guy that has deported more Mexicans than any president prior, trying to "give land back to the Mexicans?"

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I would recommend reading Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy, Daniel, Joshua, and Judges.

That's the basis of their claim. For them, it's valid. But using the same logic, Christians should not believe that the land is theirs solely based on the religion they were born into.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    [/QUOTE=Kutnupe14;6893503]Not to derail, but how is the guy that has deported more Mexicans than any president prior, trying to "give land back to the Mexicans?"[/QUOTE]

It fits the narrative...:dunno:

caverjamie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Dubois Co.
    Well seriously, why would it be?

What is an authoritative source for property ownership rights? I mean, I really don't know how you gauge that. The Jews have a really old book that says the land was given to them by God. And if we ignore the part about a god, it also claims they took the land and ruled portions of it for hundreds of years. I mean that at least is simply a documentation of their history with the land.

Of course, I don't think it really matters in the end. Israel will do what it wants until someone powerful enough to stop them steps in.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    If 3.5 DECADES is sufficient to blur your memory in one case, one wonders that your opinion of the results of a conflict 1.43 times longer ago remains so strong

One also wonders about this red herring.

Where exactly are my facts incorrect sufficient to undermine my logic? Are you claiming any of my alleged information is wrong?

Has Israel officially claimed the territory? Does the United States or ANY OTHER nation acknowledge the claim?

Because claiming property rights is not enough. I can claim someone else's property is mine all I want, but if the law doesn't acknowledge it my claim doesn't mean squat.

Or are you claiming that Israel has a special dispensation from Article 49 of the 4th Geneva Convention?

In one (1) example where Israel DID claim territory by annexing East Jerusalem in 1967 it was condemned unanimously by a United Nations vote in 1967, as General Assembly Resolution 2253. Twenty (20) nations abstained including the United States, but NONE opposed it. In other words, the United States does not legally recognize Israel's claim to East Jerusalem, we just don't do anything about it.

In short, over the last 50 years (give or take a decade or so) Israel has been able to get away with a lot due to our vetoing and obstructing forceful measures upon them to comply with international law. This has never made it right, only not enforced.

Regards and Happy New Year,

Doug

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Well seriously, why would it be?

Name a more-authoritative source.

Much of the referenced writings are historical writings. They were written as a chronicle of history. The historical preservation of the original source of those writings is more solid than any other work.

Insofar as archaeological evidence exists, that evidence either corroborates or fails to refute said writings.

The Jews' claim to that land predates the "Palestinians'" claim by millennia.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I don't follow.

Sorry that was confusing. The Jewish basis for owning Israel is based on the Old Testament. A Christian, should reject the claim that it is solely theirs, based on the New Testament, and the current beliefs of Judaism (i.e. non-belief in Jesus as the son of God)

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    The Israelis took the West Bank from Jordan in 1967.
    The state of Palestine was made up by the UN and before that the League of Nations and the Arab league.
    We the United States have stood against this so called state alone for many years.
    Screw the UN we should withdraw immediately it is a waste of time and money.
    This is a political play along with the Russian sanctions by the BHO administration.
    In order to attempt to divirt the DJT administration away from domestic policy.

BTW
    The US did sign the Geneva convention in 1977 it was never ratified. It has no binding effect on our country.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom