The (Semi) Official Trump Election/Inauguration thread...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Character development.

C0t-CPtWIAAkeLs.jpg:small
    C0t-CPqXUAIH8E-.jpg:small

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Also, the world is full of classy people.

Then there's this. The type of person that experiences joy from the deaths of people who didn't support the candidate they preferred. Sad, small people.

CdMIf33.png

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Then there's this. The type of person that experiences joy from the deaths of people who didn't support the candidate they preferred. Sad, small people.

CdMIf33.png

She's probably a liberal pretending to be conservative. Am I doing it right?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

CdMIf33.png

I laughed. Thought it was funny.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Realtime statistics on the relative popularity of competing viewpoints, as displayed by that paragon of relevance, twitter

Um. Surely you don't really think that comparing G's stats to whatsherface is a fair comparison of viewpoints. Surely you don't think that. You don't think that. Right?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Hmmmm, maybe he's not the radical I thought he was after all.

Depends. Were the donors after access or believed in the message. I know I should be more cynical but I just want to see evidence in these matters.

We also know he surrounds himself with people he trusts and I think that may win out over just money.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Depends. Were the donors after access or believed in the message. I know I should be more cynical but I just want to see evidence in these matters.

We also know he surrounds himself with people he trusts and I think that may win out over just money.

The first "evidence" to consider is who is spreading this "news." :twocents:

Well, first let me be clear: I don't really think this is a "good" or "bad" thing, it is a relatively "normal" thing. If you look at the big donor lists available, they are mostly the usual players.

I think a slightly different problem, and one that I'm not sure Trump really prepared for, is staffing. The incoming president - ESPECIALLY when it is a change in party - has a huge number of positions to fill, that he needs to fill to have loyal people there. It is truly mind-boggling. And, alot of the time, there aren't many people who want the positions.

These big donors are known to the party and the campaign. If they express an interest in serving, or choosing who serves, it is convenient to let them do that. (BTW, I'm convinced Pence is leveraging the snot out of this kind of access and control to build his own pyramid.)

To me, it is evidence (not necessarily proof) that Trump will not and cannot stray too far from the conventional.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Um. Surely you don't really think that comparing G's stats to whatsherface is a fair comparison of viewpoints. Surely you don't think that. You don't think that. Right?

Sorry to 'keep you waiting' jamil(NHRN). Without going into the reasons I think the post referencing twitter was made (and the inevitable accusations of AdHom), I was hoping to provoke a reaction similar to yours.

Why? Because I think that too often people willing to cite twitter want to have it both ways.

It seems to me to be pretty binary. Either twitter is relevant to who a person is and what they really believe, in which case I think you absolutely can score the relative popularity of viewpoints using an account's twitter analytics. I realize, of course, that GP did not submit his post critical of Steph to twitter for the verdict of the 'populace'. But surely if we can make valid generalizations about Steph from that one post, then any verdict on the popularity of GP's general viewpoint rendered in response to the thousands of posts he has made on twitter must be even more valid. And twitter doesn't seem all that impressed.

Alternatively, twitter is largely irrelevant to anything meaningful and the post is just irreverent, dark humor (the point of my other post) and should not be used to draw any conclusions at all and attempting to draw some inferences that it is some kind of Freudian slip and use it to psychoanalyze a complete stranger is hyperventilation at its worst
    I believe posting on twitter is only an infinitesimal bit more relevant than posting on Facetube, and that only because one cannot as tightly control the audience who can read the post so it is a bit more 'out there'. A twitter post has no more relevance to the grand scheme than posting a meme, except in cases where the poster already has power outside of twitter (see:Trump) Twitter will never in and of itself make anyone powerful or relevant in the real world
    As far as being deemed hateful, I freely admit to not being saddened in any way by the death of Janet Reno. She will have been judged by one far less unforgiving than me. When Lon Horiuchi dies, if he precedes me, I will totally make a pilgrimage to **** on his grave.

I bore Carrie Fisher no ill will, and while I take no pleasure in her demise I believe she is not without fault about the timeliness of it. As far as 'black humor' (by which I mean dark humor, Kut) if you recall the Hawaiian Air incident in which the top of the cabin ripped away spilling random people to the deaths - within a day we were joking about 'patio seating'. Some people are just that way, myself included; and I don't feel it is indicative of some inner Hannibal Lecter crouched within
    So perhaps we can make a determination that we're willing to stick to; either twitter and Facetube are absolutely reliable indicators of the true character of those posting and thus can be used in an evidentiary way or they are yet one more way for class clowns to be clowning and are '... full of sound and fury, Signifying nothing."

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom