The (Semi) Official Trump Election/Inauguration thread...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Oh please, trump has done nothing but put solid people in these roles. If he's all about fame why has he done zero press conferences?

Because people ask questions at press conferences and he'd rather not answer them. Ever seen a dictator give a press conference? Neither have I.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Because people ask questions at press conferences and he'd rather not answer them. Ever seen a dictator give a press conference? Neither have I.

What would you like to ask him? Anything he says you disagree with and the press rips him as dangerous. I'm sure he'll do them as president, in stark contrast to Obama (dictator) not doing them

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    i see his twittes.......and i still don't see it.....

G, a guy who needs to respond about the election, SNL, Hamilton, how hot his wife is, or any perceived slight, isn't someone without a healthy ego. Or maybe it's it's not ego... insecurity?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    What would you like to ask him? Anything he says you disagree with and the press rips him as dangerous. I'm sure he'll do them as president, in stark contrast to Obama (dictator) not doing them

"When are you having the press conference concerning you divesting from your businesses; that you promised, then cancelled?"

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    "When are you having the press conference concerning you divesting from your businesses; that you promised, then cancelled?"

Trump Foundation is closing, his sons foundation is closing........
    On the other hand you had **** like this going on and more to look forward to with president clinton.
    MORE THAN HALF Of Hillary's State Dept. Meetings Donated To Foundation | The Daily Caller
    And there would not have been a PEEP out of the usual suspects about the clintons.
    Please tell us again who is on the right side of this?

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have heard much talk about how President Elect Trump MUST divest himself from ALL of his properties due to a potential "conflict of interest" and the "emoluments" clause of the Constitution.

However, Trump businesses =/= Donald J Trump, legally! They are corporations, separate persons under the law. Ergo, whatever money goes into a Trump property is NOT the same as going into Donald J Trumps pocket.

Donald J Trump is one of the stockholders in these companies but that is not legally the same as the company itself.

Regarding potential conflicts of interest it is my understanding that there are NO legal requirements to avoids such, only ethical concerns. While I completely agree with being ethical this is =/= to legal, ergo the "must" doesn't apply. "Should" would, but not "must."

Regarding the emoluments clause just because Trump Tower DC makes money =/= Donald J Trump making money. While I can see that he may(?) have to divest himself of all profits for the years that he remains in office I see no reason to sell them. Surely he is allowed to make money after the fact, just as President Bill Clinton made hundreds of millions of dollars giving speeches to corporations, some of which are probably foreign owned and controlled.

So, IF Clinton could make money legally after his time in office WHY can't Trump, legally?

Is my logic or understanding flawed, and if so, how?

Regards and Happy New Year,

Doug

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I have heard much talk about how President Elect Trump MUST divest himself from ALL of his properties due to a potential "conflict of interest" and the "emoluments" clause of the Constitution.

However, Trump businesses =/= Donald J Trump, legally! They are corporations, separate persons under the law. Ergo, whatever money goes into a Trump property is NOT the same as going into Donald J Trumps pocket.

Donald J Trump is one of the stockholders in these companies but that is not legally the same as the company itself.

Regarding potential conflicts of interest it is my understanding that there are NO legal requirements to avoids such, only ethical concerns. While I completely agree with being ethical this is =/= to legal, ergo the "must" doesn't apply. "Should" would, but not "must."

Regarding the emoluments clause just because Trump Tower DC makes money =/= Donald J Trump making money. While I can see that he may(?) have to divest himself of all profits for the years that he remains in office I see no reason to sell them. Surely he is allowed to make money after the fact, just as President Bill Clinton made hundreds of millions of dollars giving speeches to corporations, some of which are probably foreign owned and controlled.

So, IF Clinton could make money legally after his time in office WHY can't Trump, legally?

Is my logic or understanding flawed, and if so, how?

Doug

In an ideal world the Clinton's wouldn't make millions off speeches after leaving office either. Public servants should be able to get by on their 200,000 lifetime stipend after they leave office. I don't think your position should make you rich after you leave office.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    In an ideal world the Clinton's wouldn't make millions off speeches after leaving office either. Public servants should be able to get by on their 200,000 lifetime stipend after they leave office. I don't think your position should make you rich after you leave office.

To avoid getting off track I will not take this post to disagree with anything you have said (this does not mean I support it either.)

Irregardless, you used the word "should" which =/= "must" remain within a certain income level.

When Pres George HW Bush left office he was on several boards, if I recall correctly. Many former Presidents have made an income off of who they met while serving the public. This isn't out of line, it is just that Trumps scale is much larger than most.

Doug

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    G, a guy who needs to respond about the election, SNL, Hamilton, how hot his wife is, or any perceived slight, isn't someone without a healthy ego. Or maybe it's it's not ego... insecurity?

no ego or insecurity.....he's just speaking his mind.....

Last edited:

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    In the position he's about to hold, one would hope for a little more discretion.

i like it.....that is why i voted for him.....not the stats quo.....

i don't see anything different as when berry would speak his mind about gun control before knowing the facts....just we won't here that crap from Trump....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom