The (Semi) Official Trump Election/Inauguration thread...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    USA today article about same thing

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.usatoday.com/story/83833804/

41% of households 55-64 have zero saved for retirement. Per GAO

Yeah, and derivitative security instruments led to the downfall of many in an era of easy mortgage money. There were problems on both ends, but don't we expect the banks to be a little bit better than assessing risk after the lessons of the S&L recession?

Moral Hazard. Yah. I truly believe that we should go back to Glass-Steagall and force all investment houses into partnerships where their capital is always at risk.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Sorry, but I disagree with the "boss" statement. If they want to be broke idiots, fine. But we can't have that. Oh no. So they spend money on themselves and then WE get taxed to pay for THEIR kids. Free lunch, free breakfast during the summer, free healthcare, etc, while mom and dad spend $4k/year on cigarettes and lottery tickets.

then they are used as examples of how hard it is in America and how we have to "even things out" and "look, the rich are getting richer and these people are still poor. Let's punish the successful!"

My wife and I pay under $90 per month for both of our phones with unlimited internet and text. I do think that the younger generations spend a lot more on eating outside the home than I ever contemplated. We rarely go out for a dinner. At many places, one dinner bill represents the equivalent of a full week of groceries.

And I drive a 15 y.o. truck. It is amazing to see younger folks driving around in expesive vehicles...that I assume are leased.

But, guess what? I'm not the boss of them. And neither are you. In fact, they will tell you so, and not in a polite way.

Where were we......

Anyways, that is or soon will be what is our middle class. I suspect that they will not have the quality of life that my middle class group had, even though they will have cooler electronic toys and better TV. I also don't expect them to have the freedoms I did. Society is changing.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    See, I see zero connection between whatever you posted and the fact no one saves for a rainy day or retirement

You make an observation, then you tell them how they should live. Pure Doctor God.

I make an observation that society is changing and that the demands are different on them, but the middle class will be important in the future and don't offer an answer, yet, because you are still in the Doctor God mode and fail to think outside of that role.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    You make an observation, then you tell them how they should live. Pure Doctor God.

I make an observation that society is changing and that the demands are different on them, but the middle class will be important in the future and don't offer an answer, yet, because you are still in the Doctor God mode and fail to think outside of that role.

i am reading what you are writing but we are not communicating. I want people to live on less than they earn. I want them to work hard and earn as much as they can. Where is the grey in that? It's kindergarten simple. Peoples lives in general are not affected one iota by a federal banking law.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I'd like to point out that I'm speaking from experience, not speaking down to anyone. Read "the millionaire next door".

i am an under accumulator of wealth. My net worth is less than my family's annual income. I bet most on this board are doing better than that. I built my dream house right out of residency in 2008 as the market was tanking, then sold three years later since we did not like the area. I had just under a million in debt after we built that house.

Every day of my life I wish I had bought a $150k house and stayed there for five years and continued to live the lifestyle of a resident. But I didn't, and our finances have suffered. I'm way behind on retirement.

my views are based on what I've done and what I've seen, not some almighty God complex as you suggest

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    And I say: quit being anecdotal. Look at the demographic you want as a group on an historical trend line. There are lots of charts showing income that goes back as far as 1913 on some of the Piketty graphs.

personal-savings-rate.png

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    And what does this show? I have posted facts that 40% of people about to retire have saved nothing for that goal. I explained why. I quoted a huge research project that says why in "the millionaire next door" and you continue to say I'm stating anectdotes.

i'm done here. I'm with the mouse, it's munchie time

And I say: quit being anecdotal. Look at the demographic you want as a group on an historical trend line. There are lots of charts showing income that goes back as far as 1913 on some of the Piketty graphs.

personal-savings-rate.png

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I'd like to point out that I'm speaking from experience, not speaking down to anyone. Read "the millionaire next door".

i am an under accumulator of wealth. My net worth is less than my family's annual income. I bet most on this board are doing better than that. I built my dream house right out of residency in 2008 as the market was tanking, then sold three years later since we did not like the area. I had just under a million in debt after we built that house.

Every day of my life I wish I had bought a $150k house and stayed there for five years and continued to live the lifestyle of a resident. But I didn't, and our finances have suffered. I'm way behind on retirement.

my views are based on what I've done and what I've seen, not some almighty God complex as you suggest

THAT, is what Dave Ramsey, says you should do .....

Live like a resident, for the first 5 years .....

Joe G

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    SE Indiana
    But, guess what? I'm not the boss of them. And neither are you. In fact, they will tell you so, and not in a polite way.

Sorry, but I disagree with the "boss" statement. If they want to be broke idiots, fine. But we can't have that. Oh no. So they spend money on themselves and then WE get taxed to pay for THEIR kids. Free lunch, free breakfast during the summer, free healthcare, etc, while mom and dad spend $4k/year on cigarettes and lottery tickets.

then they are used as examples of how hard it is in America and how we have to "even things out" and "look, the rich are getting richer and these people are still poor. Let's punish the successful!"
    Exactly. They won't listen to solid advice, but then complain about being "poor" and unable to pay for things that SHOULD come first - housing, food, cloths, school etc. Those come last because in the end, others will step up (including .gov) when funds are spent on the newest Jordan's, iPhone7, Netflix, cigs, booze, lottery, fast food and other luxury items that should come last.

Of course, if any of that is brought up then #Racist, #RichSuck, #UrNotMyDad and #MindUrOwnBeeswax. LOL

Joe G

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    SE Indiana
    THAT, is what Dave Ramsey, says you should do .....

Live like a resident, for the first 5 years .....

True, but Doc at least: acknowledges that it wasn't the right decision, didn't blame others, worked his butt off to make sure no one else had to pay for it, and is trying to do it the right way now. That's responsibility, and it's something most don't take when they make the wrong decision it seems.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It will be a great day when we are clear of this loon. He has absolutely no clue that his actions are a lot of the reason we elected President Trump.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think what he's saying is, he could have gotten enough of the right people bussed to the right states to assure him the win.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom