churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Cut the Cake Getting Threats over Refusal to Make Anti-Gay Cake | Mediaite

Look at that, a bakery is getting death threats for not making an anti-gay cake. Case in point: Idiots hand out death threats like candy no matter what the opinion is. They should be held accountable, I don't care what the reason for the death threat is.

Social Media has given those who would threaten a new tool. They hide behind a server and cast out threats with no intentions of following through......Or do the?????

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

Look at that, a bakery is getting death threats for not making an anti-gay cake. Case in point: Idiots hand out death threats like candy no matter what the opinion is. They should be held accountable, I don't care what the reason for the death threat is.
    Perchance did you noticed that the bakery has set up their OWN gofundme.com account soliciting donations? Seems to me there we're many critics of the Memories pizza donation page suggesting improprieties and the pizza shop owners had nothing to do with initiating that fund.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    There are umpteen posts about death threats from the anti-RFRA side and it seems many people here think the pro-RFRA side isn't guilty of it. The crazy sides are not accurate representations of either group as a whole.

That's not the point. The liberals lay claim to being the tolerant ones; the peope that want to co-exist; while accusing the other side as being hate-filled-whatever-phobes. The reason the death threats and hate tweets, Facebook posts, etc. are pointed out is to hightlight the hypocrasy.

By their definition, I'm a racist, bigotty-bigot...death threats by me are to be expected.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF

I feel for them. Their supporters can help make up the lost business. (They did close, right?)
    Of course the comments on Mediaite are predictable, it's all Fox News' fault...

Their GFM: Support Cut The Cake by Cyndol Lee Knarr - GoFundMe

$9200, that's commitment right there.

Let's see how long until the ACLU and DOJ get involved.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    this law has nothing to do with rape, be real. being gay is your business, do not force others.

the LGBT preaches tolerance and accepting the differences, but what they are actually doing it forcing their lifestyle down the throat of others.

be respectful we have different opinions on certain things in life.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That's not the point. The liberals lay claim to being the tolerant ones; the peope that want to co-exist; while accusing the other side as being hate-filled-whatever-phobes. The reason the death threats and hate tweets, Facebook posts, etc. are pointed out is to hightlight the hypocrasy.

By their definition, I'm a racist, bigotty-bigot...death threats by me are to be expected.

That's a fair point. The left accuses the right of being intolerant while behaving with intolerance. Their actual behavior proves that they're no more tolerant than anyone else.

Through this whole thing though, I think both sides have misrepresented the facts. Much of the right has tried to pretend that the reason the law was passed had nothing to do with LGBT. Judging from Republican representitive statements, it's hard for anyone to honestly claim that. And the left has made a giant straw man of Indiana. It's utterly absurd, yet popular Americana believes it.

If everyone had an honest discussion about it, BOTH sides, Indiana would be unscathed through all of this, and this wouldn't have been the story to talk about. We'd still be talking about Hillary's private email.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Jindal nails it all in a nutshell right here. RFRA proponents are trying (looks to be sucessfully) to turn it into something it's not.

Jindal pushed back against assertions that the law would legalize discrimination toward gays, saying it was about participating in same-sex weddings and not “restaurants denying service to people who want to come to have dinner.”

“If it’s a sincerely held religious belief that it offends the owner’s beliefs to participate in that wedding, absolutely I don’t think that the government should be able to force somebody to contradict their own sincerely held religious beliefs to participate in a wedding ceremony,” the governor said.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    That's a fair point. The left accuses the right of being intolerant while behaving with intolerance. Their actual behavior proves that they're no more tolerant than anyone else.

Through this whole thing though, I think both sides have misrepresented the facts. Much of the right has tried to pretend that the reason the law was passed had nothing to do with LGBT. Judging from Republican representitive statements, it's hard for anyone to honestly claim that. And the left has made a giant straw man of Indiana. It's utterly absurd, yet popular Americana believes it.

If everyone had an honest discussion about it, BOTH sides, Indiana would be unscathed through all of this, and this wouldn't have been the story to talk about. We'd still be talking about Hillary's private email.

I agree. The effort that was put in to pass this bill was sketchy and disingenuous to begin with. An open and honest discussion never took place. The Indiana GOP really shot themselves in the foot.

deal me in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2012
    Avon
    you lost me right there.

There seems be some debate whether people are born gay or maybe they are pre-disposed to be gay and become that way through a combination of nature/ nurture. I wanted to avoid that debate, so I asserted that it doesn't matter. Regardless the word choice isn't approprite.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    There seems be some debate whether people are born gay or maybe they are pre-disposed to be gay and become that way through a combination of nature/ nurture. I wanted to avoid that debate, so I asserted that it doesn't matter. Regardless the word choice isn't approprite.

I accept the fact that we don't agree on certain things, I respect you believe what you believe. my question is would you respect what I believe?

I don't understand the double standard. when the LGBT people don't agree with others, that's "Loud and Proud", when others don't agree with LGBT, that's "Discrimination".

Notavictim646

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    Undisclosed
    Does anyone have any theories as to why Indiana is taking such heat over this bill and the other 18 states that have passed identical or similar bills without so much of a whisper about them?

Perhaps because it has been reported that Mike Pence might be considering a run for President. His Political (and idealogical) opponents wanted to get out in front of him and label him a bigot. Mission Accomplished.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    O'really? How do you choose whether to have sex with men or women? Do you weigh the pro's and cons? Maybe alternate depending on your mood that day? I am curious about how this decision process works. :popcorn:

I'll save you some time and effort. Whether one is born gay or becomes gay through some combination of nature/nurture it is demonstrably not a choice. To test this assertion all you need to do is try to choose to be gay for a day. You don't even have to have sex with someone of the same gender. You only have to really, really want to. Can you do that? I've made this exact argument/challenge in the past and have yet to see an honest reply. Furthermore, even if it was a choice, you're still wrong. Religion is a protected class and that's a choice.

Therefore, the comparison to blacks is fair as both are minorities who face a higher level of discrimination due to characteristics beyond their control. If you can understand the arguments I've made, it becomes easier to understand how Liberals refer to anti-gay rights people as bigots or worse. Not defending Liberal/MSM tactics at all, just giving perspective.

If the argument is that gays choose to engage in sex acts that are wrong, amoral, etc, I have news for you. You don't get to doom homosexuals to a life without physical love based on your religious beliefs. Think about the countries that do criminalize or stigmatize gay sex. Is that who you want to emulate?
    By your reasoning and logic, pedophiles should be given the same rights you think homos deserve. Do you really think they can help who they are or who they love?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom