• Status
    Not open for further replies.

deal me in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2012
    Avon
    oh, pleeeeeeeeeeeease, you have a choice to who you having sex with. you don't get to chose what race you are.

O'really? How do you choose whether to have sex with men or women? Do you weigh the pro's and cons? Maybe alternate depending on your mood that day? I am curious about how this decision process works. :popcorn:

I'll save you some time and effort. Whether one is born gay or becomes gay through some combination of nature/nurture it is demonstrably not a choice. To test this assertion all you need to do is try to choose to be gay for a day. You don't even have to have sex with someone of the same gender. You only have to really, really want to. Can you do that? I've made this exact argument/challenge in the past and have yet to see an honest reply. Furthermore, even if it was a choice, you're still wrong. Religion is a protected class and that's a choice.

Therefore, the comparison to blacks is fair as both are minorities who face a higher level of discrimination due to characteristics beyond their control. If you can understand the arguments I've made, it becomes easier to understand how Liberals refer to anti-gay rights people as bigots or worse. Not defending Liberal/MSM tactics at all, just giving perspective.

If the argument is that gays choose to engage in sex acts that are wrong, amoral, etc, I have news for you. You don't get to doom homosexuals to a life without physical love based on your religious beliefs. Think about the countries that do criminalize or stigmatize gay sex. Is that who you want to emulate?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    O'really? How do you choose whether to have sex with men or women? Do you weigh the pro's and cons? Maybe alternate depending on your mood that day? I am curious about how this decision process works. :popcorn:

I'll save you some time and effort. Whether one is born gay or becomes gay through some combination of nature/nurture it is demonstrably not a choice. To test this assertion all you need to do is try to choose to be gay for a day. You don't even have to have sex with someone of the same gender. You only have to really, really want to. Can you do that? I've made this exact argument/challenge in the past and have yet to see an honest reply. Furthermore, even if it was a choice, you're still wrong. Religion is a protected class and that's a choice.

Therefore, the comparison to blacks is fair as both are minorities who face a higher level of discrimination due to characteristics beyond their control. If you can understand the arguments I've made, it becomes easier to understand how Liberals refer to anti-gay rights people as bigots or worse. Not defending Liberal/MSM tactics at all, just giving perspective.

If the argument is that gays choose to engage in sex acts that are wrong, amoral, etc, I have news for you. You don't get to doom homosexuals to a life without physical love based on your religious beliefs. Think about the countries that do criminalize or stigmatize gay sex. Is that who you want to emulate?

Wow - OK..........um, Wow.
    Just so you guys know, this was posted is around 2:30am..................Saturday night................Easter weekend...............OK, You're right, there"s no excuse.
    Somebody here has been doing a little too much gay thinking. Time to turn on some football games and throw out your Brokeback movie. If I was going to be an expert in something, it sure as hell wouldn't be in gay sex and I definitely wouldn't post it on INGO. :rolleyes:

deal me in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2012
    Avon
    Wow - OK..........um, Wow.
    Just so you guys know, this was posted is around 2:30am..................Saturday night................Easter weekend...............OK, You're right, there"s no excuse.
    Somebody here has been doing a little too much gay thinking. Time to turn on some football games and throw out your Brokeback movie. If I was going to be an expert in something, it sure as hell wouldn't be in gay sex and I definitely wouldn't post it on INGO. :rolleyes:

Methinks thou dost protest too much. It's not like I wrote anything vulgar or graphic. if you're confident in your sexuality none of what I wrote should bother you at all. What does the time and date matter? I made an argument opposed to the mainstream (on ingo) and supported it with logic and reason. You replied with this childish nonsense, it's insulting really...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I see the Common Construction Wage people (unions) are now incorporating the RFRA debacle in their advertising. "The same politicians that voted for discrimination now want to take away your livelihood!" (paraphrasing) :rolleyes: "Dey took er jawbs!" Does it seem odd to anyone else that union workers would align themselves with the political party that wants to give illegal immigrants amnesty? Talk about a logical disconnect. :nuts:

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

The problem is. The ****storm is undesrved. The argument that the RFRA bill is legalized discrimination on the same level as the descriminatiin against blacks is rediculous. A person who would serve gays pizza but wouldn't want to participate in a gay wedding isn't behaving with the hatred and bigotry that could be compared to the way blacks were treated prior to the 1970s. To argue so is simply intellectually dishonest.

I think the people who are claming this are stealing the term "discrimination" much like people who falsely claim military service are stealing valor.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    O'really? How do you choose whether to be a human being or not? Do you weigh the pro's and cons? Maybe alternate depending on your mood that day? I am curious about how this decision process works. :popcorn:

I'll save you some time and effort. Whether one is born human or becomes human through some combination of nature/nurture it is demonstrably not a choice. To test this assertion all you need to do is try to choose to be non-human for a day. You don't even have to actually be non-human. You only have to really, really want to. Can you do that? I've made this exact argument/challenge in the past and have yet to see an honest reply. Furthermore, even if it was a choice, you're still wrong.

Let's cut to the chase then. We were ALL born humans with the inalienable right of self defense. So the courts should consider all gun owners a protected class, and all gun laws subject to strict scrutiny.

And didn't TIME have an article about the brain being wired from birth for faith? So that's also a protected class. If you're religious, you're protected.

After all, science!

I like it!

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis

By the same token, what about the guy who falls in love with his sister? You can't control who you love.
    What about the woman who loves three men? You have no right to tell her she can't marry them all.
    I won't even go into animals, but the same arguments can be made there. By your reasoning, we have no right to restrict people's actions.

And I say, Fine!
    Marry who or what you want; have sex with who or what you want. Just don't expect me to participate or call it normal.

gunsisgood

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 19, 2010
    Maine

LOL wut ?

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    unless you were Micheal Jackson, you can't pick the color of your skin. you can F*&^% with who ever you want.

I'm asking about choice. People just choose to be gay? Then that must mean people choose to be heterosexual. I know I didn't wake up one day thinking "you know what? I think I'll be heterosexual". I was always attracted to women. To that effect I think it works the same for gays.

Or are you using the word "choice" more literally than I thought you did? Because if that's the case it doesn't work that way either. People can be raped. You may choose to have sex with someone but they may not choose to reciprocate. At that point just your choice is not enough.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    oh, pleeeeeeeeeeeease, you have a choice to who you having sex with. you don't get to chose what race you are.

don't be that stupid to mix gayness with blackness.
    Whether or not one has a choice is irrelevant. People should get to be who they are. You don't get a say in that. It's none of your business.

But what IS wrong with the comparison between the civil rights movement in the 1950s and 60s is that there is not anywhere near the level of discrimination against gays as there was against blacks. No gays are segregated. There's no section on the buss called "straights only." There are no segragated toilets. Police don't profile gays. Local Governments don't systematically discriminate against gays like they did against blacks. Gays don't have to fear sheriffs and mayors like blacks did before the 1960s.

What we're talking about here is that people of faith simply don't want to participate in an event which offends their beliefs. It appears that the LGBT lobby wants to force religious people to do what offends them, or lose their business. And they are using pop culture to do that.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Whether or not one has a choice is irrelevant. People should get to be who they are. You don't get a say in that. It's none of your business.

Can I get an AAAAAmen!!!

please don't make your business mine. that's the whole RFRA thing all about.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    I'm asking about choice. People just choose to be gay? Then that must mean people choose to be heterosexual. I know I didn't wake up one day thinking "you know what? I think I'll be heterosexual". I was always attracted to women. To that effect I think it works the same for gays.

Or are you using the word "choice" more literally than I thought you did? Because if that's the case it doesn't work that way either. People can be raped. You may choose to have sex with someone but they may not choose to reciprocate. At that point just your choice is not enough.

the first part of your argument, my answer is : yes, people do. you are free to be gay, or straight, or even both. this law doesn't limit any of your ability to do so any many times as any way you wanted.

View attachment 37457

Now you bring rape in here, too? you would go that low to prove a point. eh.....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom