• Status
    Not open for further replies.

bigbore

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    Indy S Side
    Actually not so sad. As they say in radio, long time listener first time caller.
    You guys cant wait to dish out the neg rep.
    For future reference.... It isn't just about selling.

1. I cant PM without hitting 50, hence the race to 50.
    2. While I appreciate all the hand wringing about the 50 posts and selling things. Everyone mentions "to become a site supporter" but no one links to how to do that in any of the posts. Not the warning, not here, and not in classified. Also the search turns up a lot of posts about it but I didn't see a link to "take my money."

Food for thought, now neg rep away.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    What I find more irritating is that he's been a member since 2009 with only a handful of posts. Only when it was time to liquidate for cash did he come back for information and advice. The speed and his posts really didn't bother me as much as that. They seemed on target with only a few that seemed short. Look at the advice he was given in that thread. Consignment or get post count up and sell it here. He did exactly as he was advised. If his posts were coming from someone that just found the site and posted those on their own then they would be better than many of the runners that show up.

I doubt I'll negative rep him for this. I hope he follows the rules when posting his items and continues to participate after they are listed/sold. Time will tell on that.

On a side note. This weekend I've seen about 6 new members join and start to participate. Good to see. Now if they continue to do so that will be even better.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Actually not so sad. As they say in radio, long time listener first time caller.

2. While I appreciate all the hand wringing about the 50 posts and selling things. Everyone mentions "to become a site supporter" but no one links to how to do that in any of the posts. Not the warning, not here, and not in classified. Also the search turns up a lot of posts about it but I didn't see a link to "take my money."

Its so well hidden it took me 15 seconds to find it. Here ya' go

Site Supporter Information

ETA: Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup

I see you found this thread while I was typing. Go through here and read some of it, you will soon understand why it exists. There are tons of members, new and old alike, that only care about the classifieds here. They are here for no other reason than to flip items. The rules that are in place are to keep them in check and to make sure the site stays civil and on target. Not being able to PM until 50 posts is part of that.

Site supporter status is covered in the FAQ. It's in the user control panel on the left side under paid subscriptions.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

You never asked.....:)

User CP
    Scroll down the left side to "Paid Subscriptions"
    Follow the prompts.

There is no hand wringing. These folks are a bit protective of the site that is all.
    We have been hit pretty hard after all the madness with more than our share of carpet bagers.
    The classifieds is a perk for site supporters and active members.
    So many forget about the "Active" part.....:)

Thanks for the response. I did not pull your last group of 1 liners for the reason you stated......Not just about selling.

bigbore

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    Indy S Side
    Yea I get the "member since 09 bit with little postings" is lame on my part but it is a testament to the quality of the postings here. I usually can find what info I am looking for quickly. I posted my question yesterday and got really good recommendations. I wanted to PM because I received PMs (despite not having 50 posts) from users offering to price them for me. Apparently I am not able to use the search function properly regarding the CP. I will take a look at armslist since you guys recommend that. Thanks for your help.

Edit. As angryrooster said, I was looking for the best shop to sell the guns to, many users suggested selling here.

Last edited:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Well... to be fair, bigbore asked where to go sell locally, and it was suggested that he could get his post count up or become a site suporter and sell here. Can't blame him for trying to get his post count up.

YMMV?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom