• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So, several weeks ago I get to work on the first car of the morning, reached up to my Streamlight Piggyback charger to retrieve my still new(ish) Sreamlight Stinger LED...but it wasn't there.

"Think...when was the last time you know you saw it?" There were only a couple of cars still in the parking lot from the day before, and none of them had my light.

Ahh..my Stinger LED, the pride of my collection.

I made a few calls, but wasn't able to track it down. :(

So, I put my old halogen stinger into service and ordered a new Stinger LED (a DS, this time). The new DS arrived. I love it, it has become the new jewel in my worklight crown.

The seasons pass...

Then a funny thing happens... I found my Stinger LED (the first one) on top of my toolbox when I got to work today. Turns out the customer found my light in the engine compartment, held on to and returned it the next time they came into service. I had already gone home for the night, but the people up front new it just had to be mine...

I was floored.

A simple internet search would have shown how much that light costs, and how cheap a charger is for one.

Anybody along the line could have profited from my mistake, but everyone was very kind, and...

...and well, I feel rather humbled. With all the bad things you hear about people around out in the vomitorium it makes me feel kinda warm to know that people will still sometimes choose to help a stranger out rather than profit silently from their misfortune.

Anyway, I was able to find out who the customer was, and I asked the Service Manager to put a note in the customer's file:

"Your XXXXX mile service will be performed at no charge by technician (PaulF) as gratitude for returning his flashlight..."

It's not much, but I may never get to say thank you in person, and I am certainly grateful.

So thanks where thanks are due!

Now to play with my TWO Streamlight Stinger LEDs...

-Paul

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    NICE!! I lost my first PT2L.......still hoping it's going to turn up one of these days ha ha.

I'd be furious if I lost my Stinger!!! That's one hell of a customer and you are one hell of a technician!

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Good on you Paul for taking care of the customer who took care of you. Paying it forward (or around, this time?) is what being a Hoosier is all about!

Top Bottom