• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Well, Im sorry, I didnt realize you were a founding member of INGO, because, if not, your new as well.

I dont care if your for OC or for CC, theres no reason to say stupid crap like that, toward either proponent.

This is like a smoker, telling a guy who dips, hes an idiot for doing it. Its all opinion. You can articulate your POV, and the reasons you are for or against something, but once you descend to that level, you are just doing more harm than good.

I have to agree with you 100% on what you posted here. :D

"Guys who dip are Idiots."

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    You're missing it. Some of the militant CCers on here act like they are trying to be attacked so that they can yell, "Surprise!" and shoot them. It can be seen as entrapment. We are just making a counterpoint to their ridiculous claims.

I get what he's saying. It still sounds to me like he's saying that you shouldn't have a gun for home defense if you have nice stuff, since the nice stuff could tempt thugs to break in. Are you saying that is in "entrapment" if you have a firearm at home and own nice stuff? Is it required that you post signs at your property line announcing the presence of firearms?

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I get what he's saying. It still sounds to me like he's saying that you shouldn't have a gun for home defense if you have nice stuff, since the nice stuff could tempt thugs to break in. Are you saying that is in "entrapment" if you have a firearm at home and own nice stuff? Is it required that you post signs at your property line announcing the presence of firearms?

I'm not sure that scenario translates to what they are saying.

I look at it like the Zombie Apocolypse fantasy- wanting to kill people in your everyday life consequence free. Some people are so hooked on EoS to save the day it appears to some that they WANT it to happen just so they can be a hero.

The same person often slams OCers for a variety of reasons centering around the fact that it isn't "normal."

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    OK, how DARE you point out my punctuation flaws... Your not just dissing me, but ALL of Jac-Cen-Del.

Seriously though, if a "militant CC'er" (not CCR, if that were the case Id rock out)
    were to post a comment like "people who open carry, only do so because they are hoping for police to draw down on them, so they can get into a gunfight" I would take issue on that as well. Its stupid, against the point, and reason.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    OK, how DARE you point out my punctuation flaws... Your not just dissing me, but ALL of Jac-Cen-Del.

Seriously though, if a "militant CC'er" (not CCR, if that were the case Id rock out)
    were to post a comment like "people who open carry, only do so because they are hoping for police to draw down on them, so they can get into a gunfight" I would take issue on that as well. Its stupid, against the point, and reason.

*you're
    *I'd
    *It's

You're welcome.

That's exactly the point. 92ThoStro's comment was a sarcastic response to the CCers comments about us. That's the extent of it.

NCB51

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2013
    Central IN
    Hello Everyone, I am new to this site. I have a question regarding a situation that my brother ran into last week. He was carrying openly in a gas station and was verbally attacked by the owner of the station telling him that guns were not allowed in his store. He went on about his business but the next day there was a sign on the door stating that NO GUNS were allowed in the gas station. It doesn't seem like he should be able to deny our right to carry a handgun in a public place. Can he?

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Hello Everyone, I am new to this site. I have a question regarding a situation that my brother ran into last week. He was carrying openly in a gas station and was verbally attacked by the owner of the station telling him that guns were not allowed in his store. He went on about his business but the next day there was a sign on the door stating that NO GUNS were allowed in the gas station. It doesn't seem like he should be able to deny our right to carry a handgun in a public place. Can he?

The property manager has the right to disallow firearms on his property. If it's private property, there's nothing you can do.

I wouldn't worry about it. That gas station will be robbed out of business.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove

Conversely, I was in line at Speedway the other day. A guy 2 or 3 places in front of me was OCing. The cashier asked him "is that a CZ?" The guy said "no, it's a Walther." The old guy in front of me remarked that he wished he still had the physical ability to carry a full-sized handgun, but he only had the strength to carry a compact .380.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

The gas station is private property. It is owned by someone, or a group of someones, just like your home.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I hate it when people compare businesses to a private dwelling. My home does not welcome patronage from random strangers. There are different rules that apply.
    But it is still owned by someone with their own opinions. If I owned a business I would not care if someone carries a firearm but I may not allow certain 1st Amendment rights to be used on my property, say like Westboro Church

Top Bottom