• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I would just like to report that, after reading this thread, I have been happily OCing everywhere I possibly can for the past 2 months, and I've had exactly 1 person I don't know mention it, and that was just to ask if it was a Glock (which kind of betrayed her ignorance because if she'd ever seen a glock, she'd have known it was not). I often OC at Menards when I take my 2 year old with me to buy manly outdoor stuff, and the checkout girls still smile and chat and with us and don't seem to mind one bit that there's a gun on my hip.

:patriot::ingo::thumbsup:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I would just like to report that, after reading this thread, I have been happily OCing everywhere I possibly can for the past 2 months, and I've had exactly 1 person I don't know mention it, and that was just to ask if it was a Glock (which kind of betrayed her ignorance because if she'd ever seen a glock, she'd have known it was not). I often OC at Menards when I take my 2 year old with me to buy manly outdoor stuff, and the checkout girls still smile and chat and with us and don't seem to mind one bit that there's a gun on my hip.

Exactly as it should be :yesway:

engi-ninja

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2018
    Columbus
    Well, the checkout girls probably don't notice it.

Maybe, but when you're wrangling a toddler and pushing a cart full of building materials, it's not like people are only going to see you from one direction. I'm pretty sure at least once or twice they've seen it, but it didn't seem to make any difference.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Maybe, but when you're wrangling a toddler and pushing a cart full of building materials, it's not like people are only going to see you from one direction. I'm pretty sure at least once or twice they've seen it, but it didn't seem to make any difference.

A book store owner that I've known most of my life, was SURPRISED when I pointed out I was Open Carrying.
    The discussion was, that he WOULD NOTICE someone concealing a gun.
    So, I said... Oh Really?
    So how long have I been carrying in your store?
    He said "What?"
    I pointed to my hip, I had a Smith & Wesson model 19 (.357) revolver Openly Carried.
    His jaw dropped.
    Never new I had been carrying.
    I had to explain I had been open carrying for years, and I had concealed carried for decades.
    He had no idea.

People tend not to notice.
    Some do.
    But most don't.

I've found the most that notice... children.
    Maybe because they're at that height.
    Maybe because they are more observant.

engi-ninja

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2018
    Columbus
    Haha, well...ok fine, maybe no-one noticed :-P Regardless, it's been a completely hassle free experience, and it's so much more comfortable than concealing.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Haha, well...ok fine, maybe no-one noticed :-P Regardless, it's been a completely hassle free experience, and it's so much more comfortable than concealing.

IKR? no more leather and plastic rubbing against my tender skin... it's as enjoyable as being sans pants.

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    Yes.
    And I finally figured why should I spend so much time and effort covering up, AS IF I'M DOING SOMETHING WRONG.

Plus, openly carrying decreases the odds of you having to use the firearm in the first place. These two thoughts are a couple of the reasons that pushed me over the edge in regards to open carry.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 7, 2018
    Southern Indiana
    Plus, openly carrying decreases the odds of you having to use the firearm in the first place. These two thoughts are a couple of the reasons that pushed me over the edge in regards to open carry.

The "tactical advantage" crowd denies this.

Open carry absolutely gives you some options which concealed carry doesn't.

slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Pros and cons.. like anything

open carry is better in almost every way...being targeted because your open carrying is extremely far fetched.. sadly these days its not socially acceptable to some...

This causes some people to be self conscience when carrying.

If you dont mind the potential attention/looks (both positive and negative) open carry all you want.

if you want to be descrete .. conceal at the expense of sacrificing how many ever precious seconds during an emergency situation.

i personally conceal because its more comfortable for me.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I am a 2A educator so OC is the only way for me.

The problem is all of the police in my area turn and run when they see me. The places I go to no one cares.

A few years ago I got to meet all kinds of interesting people. I haven't had an interaction with anyone in I don't know how long.

I feel like David Hogg must.

Top Bottom