The OFFICIAL Trump/HRC/2016 General Election Thread...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Even having only skimmed the article, I recognized that this is absolutely not the point Milo was making here. You are completely bastardizing what he's saying. The premise of the article is questioning whether the accusation of being essentially the same as skinheads is accurate or not. Describing The Intellectuals is but the *first* difference Milo makes between the alt-right and skinheads. He is clearly not saying that the *only* difference between skinheads and The Intellectuals is intelligence. Let's read that in context:

That paints an entirely different portrait from the one you claimed.

I guess it was just accidental oversight that you failed to point out that this latter group is ostracized and marginalized by the alt-right?

Mile makes the point well:

And again:

I can only conclude that you merely skimmed the article, and took away from it only what supported your preconceived ideas about the alt-right, since the article itself directly refutes that which you claim it supports with respect to the ideological makeup of the alt-right.

I would encourage you to re-read this:

In conclusion:

Now, having read the article in more depth, I realize that my original assessment is confirmed. There is nothing of concern.

I honestly have no idea what you are were reading for you to offer such a thin defense of these characters.

I will ask simple yes or no questions:

Does the article indicate that the groups that comprise the Alt-Right are: Intellectuals, Natural Conservatives, the Meme Team, and the 1488rs?

Did the article say that the thing that standouts above all else, between the Intellectuals and the Conservatives, is intelligence? (As obviously, I would like there to be other things that "stand out")

Does the article EXPLICITY say that the alt-right is associated with racism and bigotry?

I read the article, and researched it further than you know. I have no idea why you are defending that moment, as not being of a concern. It most certainly is, if any of the questions I posed are responded with a yes. So please Chip answer the questions, "yes or no?"

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I honestly have no idea what you are were reading for you to offer such a thin defense of these characters.

I will ask simple yes or no questions:

Does the article indicate that the groups that comprise the Alt-Right are: Intellectuals, Natural Conservatives, the Meme Team, and the 1488rs?

Actually, the term Milo uses is "taxonomy". So, since I am forced to answer "yes" or "no": NO.

Did the article say that the thing that standouts above all else, between the Intellectuals and the Conservatives, is intelligence? (As obviously, I would like there to be other things that "stand out")

Again: NO

Does the article EXPLICITY say that the alt-right is associated with racism and bigotry?

I read the article, and researched it further than you know. I have no idea why you are defending that moment, as not being of a concern. It most certainly is, if any of the questions I posed are responded with a yes. So please Chip answer the questions, "yes or no?"

All of your questions are answered with "NO".

I would have gone into detail, but I was constrained to "yes" or "no" answers.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Actually, the term Milo uses is "taxonomy". So, since I am forced to answer "yes" or "no": NO.

All of your questions are answered with "NO".

I would have gone into detail, but I was constrained to "yes" or "no" answers.

What are you reading Chip, seriously?

Verbatim, from the article, under the heading "Intellectuals" (I said "conservatives" instead of "skinheads," but I assume you addressed my question as being "skinheads," and didn't say no based on an error.
    There are many things that separate the alternative right from old-school racist skinheads (to whom they are often idiotically compared), but one thing stands out above all else: intelligence

Verbatim, from the article, under the heading "1488rs"
    Anything associated as closely with racism and bigotry as the alternative right will inevitably attract real racists and bigots

If you don't want to see it, I can't force you to, obviously. Believe what you will.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Verbatim, from the article, under the heading "Intellectuals" (I said "conservatives" instead of "skinheads," but I assume you addressed my question as being "skinheads," and didn't say no based on an error.

If you don't want to see it, I can't force you to, obviously. Believe what you will.

You guys. :rolleyes:

If you want to argue about what the Alt Right is and isn't, you both need to be honest about what it is and what it isn't. Here's a place made especially for you.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ght-maybe-you-should-ask-one.html#post6831188

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

You're still selectively quoting, in order to make points that the article itself didn't make. I quoted the article at length, in context, to demonstrate. You referred to that effort as a "thin defense". You then asked loaded questions, and constrained me to "yes" or "no" answers.

The article doesn't precisely break down the alt-right into four, distinct groups. It refers to its descriptors as a "taxonomy" - a classification system. As such, one is not inherently independent of another, nor do the terms listed exclude other, non-listed terms. The article is making the point that *all* of the taxonomy terms described, collectively, differentiate the alt-right from idiotic (again: the article's term, not mine) comparison to skinheads/bigotry/racism. And it is those who wish to marginalize the alt-right who "associate" it with racism/bigotry, *not* the alt-right itself. Regarding the actual racists/bigots attracted to the alt-right, the article explains (and I'm repeating myself here) that the alt-right rejects them: it calls them out, and marginalizes them.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Conway now reporting that Trump will not pursue further investigations of Clinton related to her private email server/Clinton Foundation.

Bravo. So much for "Crooked Hillary".

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...-aide-trump-wont-pursue-clinton-investigation

Waiting for the first Trump supporter: "Yeah well we didn't want her locked up anyway!"

Obviously he was never going to "lock her up"... but it's definitely a 180 on the angle he was campaigning on. Now he wants to "help her heal"? What is that?

Last edited:

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Conway now reporting that Trump will not pursue further investigations of Clinton related to her private email server/Clinton Foundation.

Bravo. So much for "Crooked Hillary".

Top aide: Trump won?t pursue Clinton investigation | TheHill

Waiting for the first Trump supporter: "Yeah well we didn't want her locked up anyway!"

Obviously he was never going to "lock her up"... but it's definitely a 180 on the angle he was campaigning on. Now he wants to "help her heal"? What is that?

I think it's a case of you're damned if you do, you're damned if you don't. Locking up political opponents is generally frowned upon.

On the other hand, I think pardons play a role.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Huh? That sounds ridiculous. You're either saying the American public is stupid, or spiteful, in regards to legitimate concerns.
    ....hmmm, now that I think about it, it's not ridiculous.

No, I don't think that your conclusion (true or not) is the moral of the story of the boy who cried wolf.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Yep. "If you don't stop complaining all the time they will ignore you when it's time to complain for real, not this complaining just to complain"

It's sorta like Adam Carolla has been saying: "There's never been a better time to be an actual racist." So many people get called a racist for no good reason that you can't tell who really is and who isn't.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

You may ask my wife...Five minutes after election being called I looked to her said, "I hope and pray he pardons Hillary...." My wife responded, "Me too..."

I am surrounded by Trump voters in my family and every single one of us when we heard "Build the wall" heard, "Secure the border".....Karl Rove said he asked every Trump supporter he came in contact with at every rally if he or she thought Trump was going to build the wall and he said EVERY one laughed and answered..."Nah...But he will secure the border..."

Most folks, even us dummies in middle America, are familiar with metaphors and their use.....

Let me give you another example....I am using my Savior Jesus Christ as an example, not because I put Trump in that realm by any means, but it does give you an idea of how the average human being thinks....

John 10:9 "
    I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture."

Now I do not think that Jesus Christ is an actual door and if I open him my cattle and horses will find nice grass....

I like metaphors and I understand them......

To shout out "Lock her up" and then pardon her is beautiful to me...I get it...It seems some do not.....

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Most folks, even us dummies in middle America, are familiar with metaphors and their use.....

Nah. Why not campaign on "Secure the border"? Why keep talking about beautiful, tall walls when it's just a metaphor?

You can't re-interpret what he says to what you wanted him to mean. Yes, he'll probably do something to secure the border (now that he has probably smarter people around him that can guide this in the right direction.)

Talking about her being in jail, getting a special prosecutor, etc... that isn't metaphor. That's saying something to your crowds to rile them up and vote for that thing to happen.

I've seen a non-zero number of Trump supporters on Twitter today angry and feeling cheated that Conway said she wouldn't be investigated. Some people voted for that.

Was it realistic? Definitely not. People here should have known it wasn't going to happen. I'm not necessarily talking about the super-geniuses and wonderful people on INGO. I'm talking about the less-than-politically involved common people that hear a person running for office say or imply something... and think they're going to do it.

I'm primarily talking about the con, as it were.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom