The OFFICIAL Trump/HRC/2016 General Election Thread...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Saw my first tears of the left at BWs at lunch. Manager and a patron were having a moment together talking about it....

Also, seeing 'abolish the electoral college' and remarks to Hillary's concession speech 'real class act...our loss'. comments on FB. I posted up tara ross's piece on the electoral college to educate anyone calling for it. Hopefully some read it. If you like history...look her up on FB...she does great pieces on history.

Mmmm mmmm mmmm; progressive SJW tears! Did you put some on your sandwich

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    OK...who stayed up all night? :)

I'll admit as the states came rolling in and looked like Hillary was going down, I stayed up later than I wanted to. When it stalled at 254 and some analyst on Fox said they might not get to call any more states for a long time, I went on to sleep. :)

I was up till about 4:00. What a long but interesting night. I think she was ahead for about 20 minutes back when they were in the early 2 digit numbers.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Saw my first tears of the left at BWs at lunch. Manager and a patron were having a moment together talking about it....

Also, seeing 'abolish the electoral college' and remarks to Hillary's concession speech 'real class act...our loss'. comments on FB. I posted up tara ross's piece on the electoral college to educate anyone calling for it. Hopefully some read it. If you like history...look her up on FB...she does great pieces on history.

Went out to lunch to celebrate, north side of Indy.

It was like a morgue, I loved it! I whistled as I loaded up at the buffet. Got some strange looks but I just smiled.

wYTcT26T_400x400.jpg

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    A new day is Don(ning), boys.
    icon_smile_cool.gif

Consider the following increasingly convincing argument:

-Trump's not a serious candidate
    -Trump will be out by October
    -Trump will never win a single primary
    -Trump has a ceiling of 25%
    -Trump has a ceiling of 30%
    -Trump has a ceiling of 35%
    -Trump has a ceiling of 45%
    -Trump will never win the south
    -Trump can't win with evangelicals
    -Trump will never be accepted by the party
    -Trump will never be the nominee
    -Trump will never win the general
    -Trump can't really build a wall<~~ you are now here

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    A new day is Don(ning), boys.
    icon_smile_cool.gif

Consider the following increasingly convincing argument:

-Trump's not a serious candidate
    -Trump will be out by October
    -Trump will never win a single primary
    -Trump has a ceiling of 25%
    -Trump has a ceiling of 30%
    -Trump has a ceiling of 35%
    -Trump has a ceiling of 45%
    -Trump will never win the south
    -Trump can't win with evangelicals
    -Trump will never be accepted by the party
    -Trump will never be the nominee
    -Trump will never win the general
    -Trump can't really build a wall<~~ you are now here

WAIT WAIT WAIT!!!!

Trump is a FAILURE!
    He is a demoncrat plant that was supposed to GUARANTEE a yyyyuge LOSE to hitlary!

WTF! Guy can't even do that right. :xmad:
    I'm withdrawing my support.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Imagine if one took the figure of the 88% of the African Americans that voted for Hillary and said she got a media windfall from Beyonce and various rappers stumping for her by "getting a lot of fat ***** **** off the couch and to the polls"????

Sounds kind of bigoted then huh?

050316-Chkb7DYWEAAyIAK.jpg

Not really. White anger was central to his victory. 53% of white women voted for him. If you are gonna start picketing with "White Couch Potatoes Matter" signs, please remember that the election is over and they likely won't be standing there with you.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Rather ironic that Hillary held her election party in the Javitz Center. Not only does it have a glass ceiling, the building is a glass house

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Oh, I'm all for abolishing the EC, at least the winner-take-all part of it. I could live with the EC if they left that part out. Winner take all disenfranchises (I hate that uppity word but if ever there were a massive disenfranchisement of voters, it's this) voters because all a state's voting power is given to the candidate who wins a majority of votes. So 50% +1 votes for one means 100% goes to that one.

I've not read Tera Ross's Enlightened Democracy: The Case for the Electoral College. But if it endorses the winner take all, I'm pretty sure I'll find the reasoning as much like everywhere else it's defended.

And to address the people that only want to abolish the EC because Hilary had a slightly higher popular vote than Trump, that's nonsense too. If Trump won the popular vote and Hillary won the EC, democrats would be just fine with EC.

But more to the point, if the popular vote mattered, it would likely have been different. I am pretty confident that the turnout would be different in heavily populated areas where one party is a perpetual minority. They can't say that in an election where EC matters and popular vote doesn't, that a popular vote means the outcome would have been different. In other words, since we can't test the belief that Hillary would have won the popular vote if the election were based on that, it means nothing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom