Not open for further replies.

THEFAT45

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2013
    Knox
    Lacking in what way...???

As with any builder there will be the occasional turd.

The slide to frame match up. Kimber and Sigs felt like butter when you racked the slide. It was my first 1911 so I really didn't know what to look for. I took it in on a trade, but quickly sold it to someone else that it didn't seem to bother.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The slide to frame match up. Kimber and Sigs felt like butter when you racked the slide. It was my first 1911 so I really didn't know what to look for. I took it in on a trade, but quickly sold it to someone else that it didn't seem to bother.

I am a Springfield fan. For the most part they are solid pieces. I have had a few that did not fit up well. 1 of those I fixed and the others were traded.
    The loaded in the pick is fit up as well as any out of the box 1911's I have owned.

The Range Officer I brought home tonight is a bit on the edge of loose but I will fix that.

THEFAT45

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2013
    Knox
    Not knocking Springfield. I carry an XD. Just didn't know with the much higher price tag if they were hand fitted. Almost like buying a S&W performance compared to regular revolver.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Not knocking Springfield. I carry an XD. Just didn't know with the much higher price tag if they were hand fitted. Almost like buying a S&W performance compared to regular revolver.

CM is the Springfield 1911 resident guru. You found the right guy to talk to.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

The TRP's are closer to being a hand fit piece. The loaded is just full of all the cool toys.
    For the price point I prefer the RO but is is not as pretty.

THEFAT45

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2013
    Knox
    I have a lot of other guns on my radar right now, but I will keep an eye out at the gun shops for a TRP and see if I can resist the temptation to take it home. That is if I can make the wife look the other way long enough.:shady:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom