Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    We've decided we need to celebrate annually now. It was a nice day. Five out of six of us kids were there with our spouses. Only one grandchild was unable to attend due to being in the Navy and not being able to get time off. My nephew (also in the Navy) and the other who is a Marine both managed to get time to attend. It was a really nice day. I'm still stuffed...way too much food.

The navy tends to not be very understanding about such things, unless you're assigned shore duty.
    One deployment, they didn't tell a guy his mom died, till we were tying up at the pier.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I have no idea what has gone on here. The storm knocked me out of the loop and then today's party took me offline all day so I am WAY behind.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    The navy tends to not be very understanding about such things, unless you're assigned shore duty.
    One deployment, they didn't tell a guy his mom died, till we were tying up at the pier.

She hasn't been in very long so hasn't earned any leave time yet from what I understand. I don't even think she has been in a year yet...maybe a year. She did have some leave after she graduated from the last program she was doing and was home for a week, but her parents live in Oregon so we didn't get to spend any time with her then. Her dad was the only sibling that didn't make it for today's party.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    You're supposed to hook me up with the cliff notes! Now what am I gonna do???

I couldn't even log on last night. Power got knocked out about 3 or 4 yesterday afternoon when the storm blew through and came back on about 1:30 this morning. It was close to noon when the county finally got the huge tree off of the road that had ripped down the lines. Trees down all over again. This stuff is getting old.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I couldn't even log on last night. Power got knocked out about 3 or 4 yesterday afternoon when the storm blew through and came back on about 1:30 this morning. It was close to noon when the county finally got the huge tree off of the road that had ripped down the lines. Trees down all over again. This stuff is getting old.

Well, we're glad you're back now :yesway:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Well, we're glad you're back now :yesway:

Me too. I am uploading photos from today to my son's "cloud" thing. He wants to use some for paintings for gifts...for my parents mainly. It's about half done with the upload. I had to include the shots of my nephew who wore his kilt. If he only knew how much I thought about the comments here when I saw him.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Night CT2

I was just reading where the storms that came through here were supposed to be about 80 mph winds. I wonder what they actually clocked at considering the huge trees that got knocked over.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom