• Status
    Not open for further replies.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Yeah the plans just getting started. This girl's pretty young and has obviously been told that these things are valuable. She put it up for sale awhile back but was to expensive. Then the wife sent me a Facebook link clearly showing she has been getting some negative feedback. So I figure she has either had her fill of trying to sell something on the internet, or she is ok with keeping it for awhile.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/408863916978647/

She's on whole piles of drugs with her $2k demands, but the thing is pretty nice all things considered.

I'm with the mouse here though... 150k is not low miles for something that died where it sits. 75k (or $500), I'd consider it. Running around knocking and banging for God knows how many miles... Naa...

FWIW, the crank trigger is fairly easy to change on a TJ. It's on the bell housing. XJs might well be tighter since they have an actual transmission tunnel.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    She's on whole piles of drugs with her $2k demands, but the thing is pretty nice all things considered.

I'm with the mouse here though... 150k is not low miles for something that died where it sits. 75k (or $500), I'd consider it. Running around knocking and banging for God knows how many miles... Naa...

FWIW, the crank trigger is fairly easy to change on a TJ. It's on the bell housing. XJs might well be tighter since they have an actual transmission tunnel.

Yeah it's kinda tight, I can touch it but that's about it. And you're right it's not really low miles and the boyfriend could very well be the hang up

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    I had a very aggravating experience with a 4.0 and a crank sensor and it cost me a fuel pump and an ECU. I hated that dang Grand Cherokee... Worst car we ever bought.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    My frustrating experience was that I had an O2 going out of range that acted exactly like a failing CPS... Took quite awhile to track that down.

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    I just don't like to sleep. I'd stay up until 4am every night if I wasn't completely dead at 8am the next morning.
    Something something something, need a job for car parts, something something....

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Dang you fellas stay up late. Lol I'm getting old

I've been on the work-from-home Covid schedule again for about the last month, which means unless I have a "meeting" I can make my own hours. I've been a natural night owl my whole life, so...

And now, I'm on vacation for about 3 weeks! :rockwoot:

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    That's like our AM shift. 3:00 am - 3:00 PM is the other option. I had trouble getting up at 5:15am to make it to work at 6:00.

I did 12s for a few years and I found that it really didn't matter which 1/2 of the 12 you were on as by day 3 it was all just a blur anyhow. I used to do 3 12s and a 4. That 4 felt like about 15 minutes though so essentially 4 days off every week was nice. :)

Back when I was doing that and still in school I had one semester that my schedule had me up and running for something like 49 straight hours every week. Absolutely brutal... Could not do that anymore.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom