churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Run a magnet over it.
    Why in the hell can they not take a decent pic, clean it up, air up the tires.

2nd new car I ever owned. Senior in high school. Totaled my then new 67 Firebird. Took insurance money and borrowed some from my dad and drove home a brand new COPO 68 Impala. 427 4 speed 3.73 P-Trac convertible. The guy that ordered it backed out and it was sitting in the show room at Macintire Chevy. Killer car. I had zero clue what a COPO car even was and would kill to still own it. That big car would ***** slap about any 428 Horse it lined up with. It was stolen. I still has a sad.

Just saying all this as I have an affinity for the big chevy's. 61 through 68.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Impressive. 1,600+ hp on 37 lbs of boost on a stock block and crank. Oh, and A/C, heat and all the factory interior too. 3,500 lbs running 7.3's.

[video=youtube_share;x6gCqJ5AXeg]http://youtu.be/x6gCqJ5AXeg[/video]

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Impressive. 1,600+ hp on 37 lbs of boost on a stock block and crank. Oh, and A/C, heat and all the factory interior too. 3,500 lbs running 7.3's.

[video=youtube_share;x6gCqJ5AXeg]http://youtu.be/x6gCqJ5AXeg[/video]

It’s an amazing time to be a hot rodder. Think how impossible that would’ve seemed 10 or 15 years ago. Bottom 7’s with all the creature comforts.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I predict that 68 Impala will have quarters bad, trunk floor rotted, back floor boards rotted, and rust in the bottom of the cowl.

This is a example of how to save a s**tload of money on a project car look at rust on this car you will be thousands ahead by getting a car from the southwest.
    https://elpaso.craigslist.org/cto/d/clint-1969-dodge-dart/6917629214.html

Just a shell. But a very solid appearing shell. But just a Dart.

We used to truck SW a few times a year for Tri-5 chevys and F-100 trucks back in the day. I did not make all the trips but for sure worked on all of them when they got here. No rust desert cars. Solid as heck.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Finally finished getting all the sound deadener in the interior floor and roof which allowed us to get the seats back into the galaxie. I'll call the alignment shop in the morning and see if they can get it in this week and we may be able to get it out this weekend! Next up I need to get the bumper brackets for the rear bumper straightened out as the drivers side rear is a little high and too close to the body. Once the bumpers are fitting correctly we're going to take them over to a place in Cuba Mo to get them cleaned up and rechromed. We're rapidly moving towards interior and window/door seals.:rockwoot:

Last edited:

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Grissom or Columbus?
    It was at Grissom. Many things factored into why I placed 3rd out of 3. IMO, most of that is due to my lack of focus during the runs. Really need to work on that as bad as the car needs stiffer springs. On the long corners, the inside tire picks up just a hair and breaks loose, making it impossible to go any faster without spinning it. Really though, lack of sleep/focus was my biggest issue that morning.

I think we all see a lot of salvage yard adventures in your future.
    Ain't that the truth lol. I'm possibly going out to the Pic A Part this weekend. Dunno if I'm going to try to get a full engine or not, but at least looking for heads for the 302 and some other small parts.

Good luck on the $2k. I put together a list one time to turbo my crew cab and it came it up $6k minimum.
    You were probably going to do things the right way. I'll admit that I'm going to the Sloppy route, so it's going to be cheap and it's not going to be pretty. $400 Nagasaki Noisemaker, $140 Walbro 450 fuel pump, $130 for valve springs, $230 for a cam, decap the stock injectors and have them flow matched (not sure what that costs for the matching, but decapping is free), run a 4l80e with an HD2 kit and probably stock converter for a little while. Tuning is going to run about $600 for the equipment from HP Tuners. That's likely what I'll use since it can tune the engine and transmission. The only part I won't really be able to price out easily is the turbo kit. I'll be using a stock 2nd Gen Dodge intercooler from my old truck, plus whatever piping I have laying around. My guess is I'll spend another $200 or so on piping. If you count the HP Tuners equipment as a tool instead of parts for the actual truck, 2k is going to be super easy to do. If not, then I'll probably be a little bit over budget depending on what truck I end up buying. I found a RC/SH stepside truck for $750 with a 350 and auto trans in it. Really wish I could buy it. Such is life.
    Also, this is the build that I'm working off of.
    https://sites.google.com/site/sloppywiki/sloppy-builds/colorado-dont-bs-me-build

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Talked with a friend and we are definitely heading to Pic a Part this Sunday. Going to see if we can carry a 5.0 out of there for $55. If not, then I guess I'll be grabbing some GT40/40p heads. They've got a large selection of Ford Explorers out there right now. Hoping to strike gold at least once.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom