Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

OK....1st I have had 6 (maybe 7) motor home 454's. They are torque engines not race engines. The heads are ultra-low performance as to RPM's. Small oval ports and the engines are built like truck engines because these are. They are tough as nails but not made to haul the mail.
    My guys at Zores would get old Motor homes in for scrap and we would strip the DC/AC inverters and controllers to make battery back ups for folks.
    Also if the engines did not have windows in them we snagged them up. Some were 460 Fords and 440 Mopar's. We snagged them for flipping.

Basically it is a solid car with a big block in it of unknown contents. Bought to flip.
    I like the car. 3 peddles and the prospects of doing something cool with the engine but no........no where near 17K

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I would guess to the INGO crowd it's an 8 to 10 k car. I wouldn't give you 5k for it.
    Standing bet of $100 if we collectively inspected the car many more issues would be found.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I would guess to the INGO crowd it's an 8 to 10 k car. I wouldn't give you 5k for it.
    Standing bet of $100 if we collectively inspected the car many more issues would be found.

Oh for sure.
    Thing is, old drag cars that were well built for the task seem to weather better than even a casual driver.
    Body wise anyway.
    He probably gave 8 to 10 K for it at auction and is trying to trade up the food chain to that LS-6 of his dreams.
    I wish him luck.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Oh for sure.
    Thing is, old drag cars that were well built for the task seem to weather better than even a casual driver.
    Body wise anyway.
    He probably gave 8 to 10 K for it at auction and is trying to trade up the food chain to that LS-6 of his dreams.
    I wish him luck.

But it only needs a 2k paint job to make it a 22k car!!!!!:dunno::laugh:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    But it only needs a 2k paint job to make it a 22k car!!!!!:dunno::laugh:

:):

You would not believe the people who think just that way or maybe you do.
    Just the 9" drops the cars value to the average buyer. Mods that make them stronger/faster are not something Andy Average is looking for. He wants the car that dad had when he was a kid.

Or he wants to own the car of his youth....again.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Good video. I never have been able to post them correctly.

https://youtu.be/_YcjWmGPcio

Copy the web address from the bar at the top of the page then select the little film looking thingy in the tool bar above the space your typing in. Drop the address and hit quick reply (I think)

[video=youtube;_YcjWmGPcio]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YcjWmGPcio&feature=youtu.be[/video]

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Copy the web address from the bar at the top of the page then select the little film looking thingy in the tool bar above the space your typing in. Drop the address and hit quick reply (I think)

[video=youtube;_YcjWmGPcio]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YcjWmGPcio&feature=youtu.be[/video]

I have never really tried to load a Vid

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    As I watched that I see the young building what is currently available. Small displacement cars with potential. The sport is alive and well. It is fast getting away from me as I am immersed in my old school iron.

Yeah that's the thing. We rag on ricers a lot but little civic hatch's are cheap and everywhere. Old school iron was cheap and everywhere 30 or 40 years ago. Not so much today.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    The fake SS badges are worth the other 15k!

CM has the car pegged old race car bought for 5k to 10k to flip thinks he going to be the next gas monkey guy.

Looks like it has a Mechem auction tag on it ? I would think ether bought it or attempted to sell it there?

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    There's a lot of free labor thrown in on a $2K paint job.
    Quality materials to bring an OLD car up to snuff are going to cost you LARGE

You got that right! IF we keep the Galaxie the GF is really pushing for paint, I told her that a good basic paint job will be in the 5k range. Yes you can get it done cheaper but I'd like it done right and at least show nicely as long as we end up owning it and it's a BIG car that's going to take a lot of material.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You got that right! IF we keep the Galaxie the GF is really pushing for paint, I told her that a good basic paint job will be in the 5k range. Yes you can get it done cheaper but I'd like it done right and at least show nicely as long as we end up owning it and it's a BIG car that's going to take a lot of material.

If......what is this IF crap Hot Dog...........:scratch:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom