• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BroodXI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Salem
    here's some photos of what i'm playing with.

spool holder so i didn't need to keep buying the cartridges

mk2 heatbed with zebra plate

The backside of the e3d-v6 mod

and here is a little quad i decided to try out.

BroodXI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Salem
    hers some parts that just came off without cooling down on the zebra plate. was kinda hard to flex it one handed.
    [video]http://vid1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff430/broodxi/20170302_172813_zpstd7o1fiu.mp4[/video]

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Nice brood your prints look great. If I can not get my new little printer working right I am thinking about building a core xy machine out of it.

I was also thinking about buying that new Mavic drone, the one I have is 5 yrs old and more of a toy. And if you are not actively flying it all the time it just crashes. They have come SOOO far along. Is it easy to build drone with most of the Mavics flight features?

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    hers some parts that just came off without cooling down on the zebra plate. was kinda hard to flex it one handed.
    [video]http://vid1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff430/broodxi/20170302_172813_zpstd7o1fiu.mp4[/video]
    That is really cool!

BroodXI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Salem
    The mavic is damn nice from what i've seen. i'm using a naze32 flight controller. they range from 15 to 45 dollars, but have a pretty good feature set. the 10 dof version has a barometer, sonar and gps that should get pretty close to what the dji controller does. i've built more quads than i have flown though, not a very good pilot, but thats the fun part of being able to print one and fly it. here are two racing quads i built, i also built the crossfire 2 on thingiverse, thats the one that i will set the gps and altitude hold features on. it's alot bigger and should fly alot slower. took almost 48 hours to print all the parts, and probably won't survive the first crash as pla is so brittle. i've picked up some taulman nylon i might try. i kind of hate using it because i haven't got the settings all dialed in, and think it's expensive for the 1 pound of filament. i've also tried printing the antivibration balls for the drones with ninjaflex but also have not dialed in the setting where i'm happy with layer adhesion. the ninjaflex also required me to modify my bowden drive to push it through the ptfe tube. it was like trying to push a wet noodle up a hill.

[URL=http://s1235.photobucket.com/user/broodxi/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20170302_203703_zpsygvpvjbj.jpg.html][/URL]

[URL=http://s1235.photobucket.com/user/broodxi/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20170302_203505_zpsdge7qp6y.jpg.html][/URL]

this one i switched out alot of the printed parts for carbon fiber to lighten it up
    [URL=http://s1235.photobucket.com/user/broodxi/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20170302_203528_zpsnno1lvv8.jpg.html][/URL]

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Brood, that is a cool printer. I think you were spot on in doing the upgrades. I really like that build plate material. I am going to check in to that.

Sailor, you can get that thing going! What are the issues you are having? It has to be fixable. My sons printer is the cheaper version of that printer and it prints great. I wish I would have gotten that one you have. We have probably ran a roll and a half or so of various media threw it. I printed most of the printed parts I needed for my printer with it.

BroodXI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Salem
    for the price, the printer has been great. the mods and upgrades have really pushed its capabilities alot further. i have also printed all the parts for the "mostly printed cnc" and mendel tri color (pro). looking at building a larger capacity printer, and the mostly printed cnc fits that build. love the fact that you can just change the head out and carve, laser engrave, and almost any other function you can use a cnc machine for.

as a side note, has anyone looked into printing for pay? i had to hire out a print job when i got my printer because i smashed the brass extruder tip into my bed before i could print the mod for the e3d-v6. only cost 27 dollars for the job, but i didn't specify the infill percent and the parts arrived too weak for the mod. ended up having to drill out the tip and printed the parts myself. but the thought of being able to offset the cost of filament by offering services online is appealing.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    My Pegasus 12 is GTG, just need to tweak settings and get BL touch rolling.
    The 8 inch Pegasus 8 I traded the Wanhoa for is giving me fits because its easier to build something from ground up vs fix problems. Current issue is adjusting the delrin wheels so the contact the extr frame. Motors, ramps all that crap is in the way, AND he torqued that stuff down.

Interesting on 3d printing for pay, when I get things all tweaked I may look into this. How would you arrive at the price? 10x filament cost?

And I am not getting email notifications of changes in this thread for some reason.

BroodXI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Salem
    My Pegasus 12 is GTG, just need to tweak settings and get BL touch rolling.
    The 8 inch Pegasus 8 I traded the Wanhoa for is giving me fits because its easier to build something from ground up vs fix problems. Current issue is adjusting the delrin wheels so the contact the extr frame. Motors, ramps all that crap is in the way, AND he torqued that stuff down.

Interesting on 3d printing for pay, when I get things all tweaked I may look into this. How would you arrive at the price? 10x filament cost?

And I am not getting email notifications of changes in this thread for some reason.

The guy charged a setup fee, then price for filament, and shipping. The printers also specified what filament and color they can print in. i know simplfy3d has a spot where you can enter cost of filament and give you a cost to print the part. the websites may have a calculator already setup for use when you register as a printer. will have to check into more now that i'm more confident in the printer.

found the service i used. it's 3dhubs

Last edited:

BroodXI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Salem
    the pla i was able to print at 155° without any layer cooling fan, bed at 55°. just took the top cover off and left the door open. picked up two spools of their abs, but haven't used it yet. got some hatchbox translucent blue abs that i'm not too fond of that i'm trying to burn through.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    8 inch is now at least printing. BUT when I go to do an extruder calibration Marlin flashes and reboots, I need to extract 100mm of filament out of 120 measure what its actually doing then change my esteps. Can not get it to do that without reflashing.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    8 inch is now at least printing. BUT when I go to do an extruder calibration Marlin flashes and reboots, I need to extract 100mm of filament out of 120 measure what its actually doing then change my esteps. Can not get it to do that without reflashing.

You have to do a "fail safe" reset in the menu for the extruder steps to be excepted. I fought that for a bit. I reflashed it a half dozen times and when I checked the E steps they stayed the same factory defaults. The firmware programs stuff in to the memory that is not re written with a firmware flash.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Thanks Larry I will do that Monday. Roller filament holder complete with a side of rum and coke.

2017-03-03_1937.png

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    No and the fit is not really tight enough so I need a spot of glue or something to keep them together. Very smooth rolling though.

Top Bottom