• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gravitas73

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    Imagine if all government coverups got the same level of scrutiny from those that constantly scream "BENGHAZI!"

People will believe whatever they want to believe if it reinforces their worldview and be immune to any facts or evidence that would disprove that view and force them to adopt a new paradigm.

Nationalism is a disease in this country and far too often conflicts with true patriotism.

If you can watch both of the videos below and not come away with some serious questions that have been either ignored or whose answers have already been debunked through evidence and over 2000 architects and engineers, then my hats off to you for being more secure in your opinions than me.

I'd just like to know the true source of that conviction someday.

[video=youtube_share;8DOnAn_PX6M]http://youtu.be/8DOnAn_PX6M[/video]

[video=youtube_share;vQR2z4YCzDw]http://youtu.be/vQR2z4YCzDw[/video]

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    If you can watch both of the videos below and not come away with some serious questions

OK,
    My question is - Why did I watch those stupid videos??

Come on. You can do better than this.....Are you really an American? Do you vote?? God help us.
    Sorry, Is that too many questions?? :rolleyes:

gravitas73

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    OK,
    My question is - Why did I watch those stupid videos??

You didn't. But if your convictions are so strong then you have nothing to lose by giving them the chance. If you want to hide from them to remain blissfully ignorant and proud to be "Made in the USA" then that's on your own conscience.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You didn't. But if your convictions are so strong then you have nothing to lose by giving them the chance. If you want to hide from them to remain blissfully ignorant and proud to be "Made in the USA" then that's on your own conscience.

Wow. I'm not sure if you're serious. In case you are, I'll just say this:

You post two very long videos and then claim that if people don't watch them they're hiding in blissful ignorance. But who in their right mind could endure 7+ hours of tin foil? Did YOU actually sit through them yourself? It's like that show World's Dumbest. Maybe sane people can find 10 to 20 minutes of it at least entertaining, but who in their right mind could endure it for 7 hours?

Do you have an abridged version that doesn't spend hours and hours trying to make their case? I could probably watch a 20 minute video if they just get to the absurd punchline first before going into their numerous recitations of seeming coincidences that prove how evil we really are.

Yes, I believe corrupt people in government cover up their corruption all the time. Sometimes they conspire with other corrupt people in government and industry to cover up their misdeeds. Sometimes they even cause damning emails to go missing. But that doesn't mean I have to believe every conspiracy theory out there or I'm blissfully ignorant.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    To all of you that say it's a conspiracy too big and that surely our guberment couldn't keep it secret I'd ask this ;

Do you really know what groups like the CIA , NSA , etc , are doing ?

Do you really know what goes on in places like area 51 ?

Anybody hear of guys like Jack( don't remember his first name ) Kelly and the "skunk works " before " they " wanted you to ?

How many people work at area 51 , how freakin many people worked on projects like the SR-71 without saying a word ?

It's pretty damn simple folks , our guberment manages to keep some pretty big secrets whether you choose to believe they can or not .

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'll represent the conspiracy complexity scale like this.

The complexity of keeping a military secret like the SR71 is this:

The complexity of the supposed consiracy surrounding 9/11 would be more like this:

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

okay, I gave up pecking in all those dots on my phone, but hopefully you get the difference in the scale of complexity.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    I'll represent the conspiracy complexity scale like this.

The complexity of keeping a military secret like the SR71 is this:

The complexity of the supposed consiracy surrounding 9/11 would be more like this:

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

okay, I gave up pecking in all those dots on my phone, but hopefully you get the difference in the scale of complexity.

I'd beg to differ on the SR-71 scale. You've got enginerds working on what will be the fastest, most advanced (at the time) spy plane in the world, and they aren't going to be the least bit excited about it to the point of wanting to spill the beans? Come on. Where I work we aren't doing anything even close to the SR-71, being an automotive business, and I'm excited as a four year old at Christmas some days at some of the stuff we have going on. Maybe if those guys has a lobotomy but then they would be pretty useless after that.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I'd beg to differ on the SR-71 scale. You've got enginerds working on what will be the fastest, most advanced (at the time) spy plane in the world, and they aren't going to be the least bit excited about it to the point of wanting to spill the beans? Come on. Where I work we aren't doing anything even close to the SR-71, being an automotive business, and I'm excited as a four year old at Christmas some days at some of the stuff we have going on. Maybe if those guys has a lobotomy but then they would be pretty useless after that.
    Who would they have spilled the beans to?

Going to jail for a LONG time or maybe disappearing into the desert are good motivators for keeping your trap shut. Not to mention they were fighting the great evil Commies and wouldn't want them to find out about it.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Who would they have spilled the beans to?

Going to jail for a LONG time or maybe disappearing into the desert are good motivators for keeping your trap shut. Not to mention they were fighting the great evil Commies and wouldn't want them to find out about it.

They've got family and friends. Jail or disappearing? The government couldn't even tie its own shoes and now they can keep people silent? Which is it? Is the government the Marx brothers on a grand scale or can the government do things you couldn't believe?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You're actually trying to compare engineers vetted to hold secret clearance, with the massive scale required to keep people silent who have not been vetted and not cleared? It's astonishing to think that whatever might have been gained through such a conspiracy would be worth the enormous cost of pulling it off.

Have you ever done any project management? Are you detail oriented? Do you have any idea what would be required to pull something like that off. Am I even sane for engaging with the notion long enough to write this? Why do I get sucked into this conversation? It's like arguing with toddlers about who is the poopy doo-doo head.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    There are some good theories and some weak ones out there, for sure, but the only conspiracy is that the official narrative script was being fed to us within minutes of the events and that the official "conclusion" to the government "investigation" fit that same script despite the evidence.

We may never know the truth, but it's rather easy to spot such a multifaceted whopper of a lie. The government narrative is completely fictional, not even remotely plausible.

There were plenty of errors made and many clues left right out in the open for those who want to examine the evidence and reach their own conclusion, but most don't. Most believe the conclusion they were handed without regard to the actual evidence because deep down inside they realize that any other conclusion they might reach would be far more disturbing.

Never forget.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...Have you ever done any project management? Are you detail oriented? Do you have any idea what would be required to pull something like that off...

The official story is that a couple dozen hilljack radical terrorists pulled it off, so it must be fairly simple.

I find it easier to believe that the force and resources of our government and military industrial complex would be required.

Of course, a bought and paid for mainstream media wouldn't hurt, either. ;)

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    You're actually trying to compare engineers vetted to hold secret clearance, with the massive scale required to keep people silent who have not been vetted and not cleared? It's astonishing to think that whatever might have been gained through such a conspiracy would be worth the enormous cost of pulling it off.

Have you ever done any project management? Are you detail oriented? Do you have any idea what would be required to pull something like that off. Am I even sane for engaging with the notion long enough to write this? Why do I get sucked into this conversation? It's like arguing with toddlers about who is the poopy doo-doo head.

Yes, I have done project management and I still do, it's part of my job. If I weren't detail oriented I wouldn't be doing this job. Apparently you are. You try to dazzle with brilliance but get sucked in because you like to argue like a toddler about who is the poopy doo-doo head.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    rambone said:
    Start with the actual 9/11 Commissioners who said they were lied to during the investigation, acknowledging that the 9/11 Commission Report is filled with inaccuracies and omitted facts.

9/11 Panel Suspected Deception by Pentagon

Criticism of the 9/11 Commission - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

QFT. There are some very legitimate concerns raised by the folks who conducted the investigation.

I don't know anyone who thinks there was 'no plane'. I do know plenty who think someone is lying about something, and would like to know what.

Ridiculous ideas such as this only serve to cause those with a lack of critical thinking abilities to pigeonhole any truly skeptical mind as 'paranoid'.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    G _ _ _ _ _ it! I just burnt the _ _ _ k out of my hands!QUOTE=giovani;4543404]Take a steel bar and try to bend it cold, then heat it to a dull red with a torch and try to bend it.

It will take much less energy to bend at a dull red heat and it is still hundreds of degrees from melting.

Oh and I did see Bigfoot, he was riding his unicorn down a street in sanfransico being cheered on by a crowd of staunch conservative republicans.[/QUOTE]

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Religion posts get locked almost immediately, but crap like this gets to run for 24 pages?

I'm not saying that there aren't questions about 9/11 - I certainly for one think that Saudi Arabia had much more to do with it than has been advertised - but the mere fact that there are so many people out there who are willing to deny the basic facts of physics and metallurgy is a sad indictment on the critical thinking skills of the American people.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    but the mere fact that there are so many people out there who are willing to deny the basic facts of physics and metallurgy is a sad indictment on the critical thinking skills of the American people.
    They think they can win the argument with persistence. The little kids that started this whole truther movement (silver nickels or something else that I can't recall) came out with their story. It was thoroughly debunked. So they changed the points that were clearly showed to be foolish. The new theories were debunked again... we went through several versions until finally I think the debunkers decided that it was silly to continue the farce. So of course that means the truthers final theory must be correct...

Top Bottom