• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Looks like shaming people into the theater was a bad strategy.

'Ghostbusters' Heading for $70M-Plus Loss, Sequel Unlikely | Hollywood Reporter

Looks like the next all-female cast reboot is Oceans 8, however. Maybe they'll go about it in a nicer way (not insulting potential viewers).

I had the displeasure of trying to watch it to laugh at how horrible it was with some friends. We were expecting a "So bad it's good" movie.

What we got felt more like a low budget made for TV movie with the cast from a soap opera. Everyone spoke in monotone voices and had unreasonably flat reactions to everything going on in the film.

Next to independence day resurgence(Which is off the scale for "so bad it's good" if you're into those kind of movies), it's one of the worst films I've ever seen.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I had the displeasure of trying to watch it to laugh at how horrible it was with some friends. We were expecting a "So bad it's good" movie.

What we got felt more like a low budget made for TV movie with the cast from a soap opera. Everyone spoke in monotone voices and had unreasonably flat reactions to everything going on in the film.

Next to independence day resurgence(Which is off the scale for "so bad it's good" if you're into those kind of movies), it's one of the worst films I've ever seen.

Damnit it's politically correct therefore automatically good! Get with the program!

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Anyone surprised? This is the same tune as the past 8 years, but substitute "sexism" for "racism". Look what happened when the current POTUS's approval ratings fell - racism was blamed. While I will not deny that a certain low base level of racism exists here as it does everywhere I don't think that racists were voting for our POTUS so they could withdraw their support later to reflect poorly on him.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Damnit it's politically correct therefore automatically good! Get with the program!

He's obviously a racist who doesn't appreciate the social importance of the kinds of messages Hollywood sends in their motion pictures. The [STRIKE]agitprop[/STRIKE] message is so much more important than the production quality.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Maybe these lazy ****s should do some real work

Cp4-IQEWcAAGLcf.jpg:small

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Stop being so racist. You should know who this guy is and agree with his assessment. It's a hate crime if you don't. (btw..IDK who the hell that guy is either)

Oddly, neither does the guy who wrote the article. Is it Whitmore or Wilmore?

And GFGT, I'll probably get the chair first. Not only do I not know who he is.... I couldn't care any less if I was paid to do so.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Oddly, neither does the guy who wrote the article. Is it Whitmore or Wilmore?

And GFGT, I'll probably get the chair first. Not only do I not know who he is.... I couldn't care any less if I was paid to do so.

Definitely Wilmore. I hope the person that wrote that genuinely messed up his name... because that would add another layer to the hilarity.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom