Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Dude. You just offended the blind folks. And the claustrophobic.

Since they aren't here, I'll be offended for them.

If somehow, some [STRIKE]crippling[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]handicap[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]disability[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]challenge[/STRIKE] special needs befalls you and you're unable to maintain your offense, I'm willing to stand in as an alternate.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Did you get tired of him before or after he endorsed Trump?

Hah, after... but definitely un-related. His Trump shtick was for the page-clicks, and he's a "provocateur journalist", so that was understandable.

He just did a lot of whining about unfairness and a lot of lying about why everyone is picking on him. He's not the victim that he portrays... he's doing great, he's excellent at influencing a certain narrative.

I've just never been a fan of dishonesty and bias in the media... and he was the Right's version of that. He played the parts that were popular at the time.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    As an aside, what's this weird proliferation of putting hearing protection on young kids who have never been diagnosed with anything?

This is a thing? Like, are people having their kids just go around wearing earmuffs or what?

And we continue to raise breakable children.
    The brain needs use and experience, like muscles need exercise.
    Don't exercise the brain as a child... you get an adult that can't cope with the world.

Truth. That said, I've been to a few concerts and had my ears ringing the next day. Finally got smart and when I worked a few of them as first aid team, way back when I was in college the first time, I started wearing foam ear plugs. Still heard everything perfectly at the concert, enjoyed myself, got in for free, and heard everything perfectly the next day, too. And I don't frankly care that I looked a little geeky while I was there, sure as hell not the next day when everyone else was going, "HUH??!! WUT??!! CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!"

Obviously, I was past being a "child" at that point, and I think it's fair to say I can cope with this world just fine. :thumbsup:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Interesting, so Wikileaks has laid into Jack on Twitter.

Wikileaks - "Cyber feudalism: @twitter founder @jack banned conservative gay libertarian @Nero for speaking the 'wrong' way to actress @Lesdoggg"

Jack - "we don't ban people for expressing their thoughts. Targeted abuse & inciting abuse against people however, that's not allowed"

Wikileaks - "Who has access to justice? Many have had vastly worse. What's the appeal mechanism? What's the transparency of the process? Because it appears that a politically aligned famous American actress has access to ban-power that everyone else does not. It is time @twitter got out of the censorship/justice game. Let users create communal filter lists if need be."

Wikileaks also brings this tweet up from Leslie as an example:

***** I want to tell you about your self but I'm gonna let everybody else do it I'm gonna retweet your hate!! Get her!!

Literally inciting people to abuse.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    And we continue to raise breakable children.
    The brain needs use and experience, like muscles need exercise.
    Don't exercise the brain as a child... you get an adult that can't cope with the world.

Truth. That said, I've been to a few concerts and had my ears ringing the next day. Finally got smart and when I worked a few of them as first aid team, way back when I was in college the first time, I started wearing foam ear plugs. Still heard everything perfectly at the concert, enjoyed myself, got in for free, and heard everything perfectly the next day, too. And I don't frankly care that I looked a little geeky while I was there, sure as hell not the next day when everyone else was going, "HUH??!! WUT??!! CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!"

Obviously, I was past being a "child" at that point, and I think it's fair to say I can cope with this world just fine. :thumbsup:

I have no problem with hearing protection for loud noises, such as machinery, concerts, stadiums. I've spent a majority of my life in "Mickey Mouse Ears".
    But for clapping.
    No.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

Story has been updated. It was because of a teacher who has a hearing problem that causes her to be sensitive to loud noises, and it is only at assemblies. Cheering/clapping is aloud elsewhere.

As an aside, what's this weird proliferation of putting hearing protection on young kids who have never been diagnosed with anything?

You put hearing protection on your kids when you go to the range? That is what the article you linked is talking about. Well not ranges specifically but other places with loud noises.

I have no problem with hearing protection for loud noises, such as machinery, concerts, stadiums. I've spent a majority of my life in "Mickey Mouse Ears".
    But for clapping.
    No.

See above.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Ever want to see an SJW meltdown?

**warning - mature language follows**
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Drama/comm...goes_ape****_when_daddy_cuts_her?compact=true

Poor guy (the father).

Some tidbits
    0Md1j9X.jpg

"... as intolerant as anyone who disagrees with her as the Westboro Church"
    "Actions have consequences"

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Ever want to see an SJW meltdown?

**warning - mature language follows**
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Drama/comm...goes_ape****_when_daddy_cuts_her?compact=true

TlILVCb.png

No. That's not how it works.
    For instance, if he (father) is right (I think he is), than why would he admit fault?
    And wouldn't that work the other way. She hasn't admitted fault, therefore SHE is the abuser.

reddit-thats-not-how-this-works.jpg

5G1l8tj.png

Maybe they turned against you, because you're self centered and spoiled.

HDGDHW6.png

Or, maybe you could get a J O B

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom