• Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Syria

The CIA is on the ground working with defectors trying to get a handle on where the WMD is. They also note in the article that they are worried about the possible WMD that was moved from Iraq to Syria.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    561286_412214728816034_1995702063_n.jpg

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Syria

The CIA is on the ground working with defectors trying to get a handle on where the WMD is. They also note in the article that they are worried about the possible WMD that was moved from Iraq to Syria.
    I remember the speculation from the beginning was that Russia may have had a hand in the relocation from Iraq to Syria.

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I remember the speculation from the beginning was that Russia may have had a hand in the relocation from Iraq to Syria.

It's not speculation. There is direct and indirect evidence from Georges Sada as well as many others.

We will be on the threshold of WWIII by July 2013.

:dunno:

Who is we?

Who is we gonna fight in a world war?

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    It's not speculation. There is direct and indirect evidence from Georges Sada as well as many others.

:dunno:

Who is we?

Who is we gonna fight in a world war?

Just a couple weeks ago we were talking about joint military maneuvers between Russia, China, and Syria. Two of those three nations are members of The Nuclear Club. Russia still wants Syria as a warm weather port for its fleet, but I don't know to what extent they will be willing to use overt force to retain that capability.

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    Does that mean Russia might invade Syria on the pretence of a peace keeping mission, and therby keep extending their stay, and then enter into an agreement with the government that they put in place, and build a nice warm water port for "trade purposes"?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    So it is correct to assume the "Bush lied" crowd are either uninformed, in denial, or just plain liars? :dunno:
    Typical tactic of the left. Even if confronted with evidence to the contradicting them, they continue to repeat the same thing over and over. Most people will come to believe it must be true after awhile or they wouldn't keep repeating it. Yes, I know someone said the same thing long ago.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Just a couple weeks ago we were talking about joint military maneuvers between Russia, China, and Syria. Two of those three nations are members of The Nuclear Club. Russia still wants Syria as a warm weather port for its fleet, but I don't know to what extent they will be willing to use overt force to retain that capability.

As long as the biggest chance of action against Syria is the current rebellion or U.N.-sanctioned military action, Russia is safe. Their veto power in the U.N. is pretty strong medicine. It would take "unilateral" action by independent nations outside the umbrella of the U.N. to force Russia's hand, I think.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Martin County
    Last year when the protests in Syria magnified into an insurgency, I told everyone who would listen that if Assad fell, it would be very bad for the Kingdom of Saudia Arabia. Now it looks like Assad will fall and that means a power vacuum in Syria. Not good! It will take many years for a strong government to form which means instability on the borders of countries that either cannot tolerate instability or will avoid it at all costs.

The problem with Saudi Arabia is the USA absolutely, positively will not let an insurgency take root there. There is way too much at stake, e.g. energy infrastructure, Islamic holy cities, etc. I'll be brushing up on my Arabic language skills in the meantime.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    News from The Associated Press

"No chemical or biological weapons will ever be used, and I repeat, will never be used, during the crisis in Syria no matter what the developments inside Syria," Makdissi said in news conference broadcast on Syrian state TV. "All of these types of weapons are in storage and under security and the direct supervision of the Syrian armed forces and will never be used unless Syria is exposed to external aggression."

We shall see. If it is a matter of survival, I could see Assad using them on his own people. I guess they can just claim there were external agitators present...

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Does that mean Russia might invade Syria on the pretence of a peace keeping mission, and therby keep extending their stay, and then enter into an agreement with the government that they put in place, and build a nice warm water port for "trade purposes"?

I'd have thought if they were going to do it, Russia would have inserted Spetznatz to assist the regime during their scheduled "Joint War Games". Since the likely outcome of a successful revolution will be the installation of a Muslim Brotherhood-oriented government inimicable to both Russian and Chinese interests, one would think both they and the Saudis would be trying to step on this revolution in any way they could.

Top Bottom