• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    I am sure Kirk will recognize this weapon John Moses Browning's father invented...

John-Brownings-Harmonica-Rifle_zps052549c6.jpg
    Was Kirk by chance on retainer at the time? :stickpoke:

trucker777

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    WESTVILLE
    Idk if it was already mentioned or not, but the LaPorte County Museum and Historical Society in Laporte, IN has a pretty impressive firearms collection in the downstairs section.

Reverend Dreed

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2016
    new hope
    I kinda enjoy looking at the ones hanging on my living room wall and heck I do not even need to drive anywhere or pay (again) to see them.

Last edited:

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    As someone already said...The Frazier museum is great...I worked there for about a year and I can tell you I saw something new or interesting every time I went into work...

The best part was taking a smoke break by the side of the building while in period dress packing a Brown Bess, Long Rifle, or British Hanger (small sword)...The looks I would get from passersby were classic.....

Owsley Frazier Brown was a pillar in the gun collecting fraternity (even though he put R L Wilson in jail lol).....The man had more money than he could count but would sit in his wheel chair by me as I was greeting visitors and talk guns, Ohio Valley History, etc....Never once did I feel like he thought he was any better than me or anyone else...A truly great man and philanthropist.....

I would 3rd the Frazier Museum. The whole family took a vacation to Louisville last year and we spent an entire day there. We could have spent more. The Louis and Clark expedition section was particularly interesting. I think we ended up spending half the day just in that one section.

Informed Decision

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Evansville
    My car club is making a day trip up to Vincennes to the Indiana War Museum tomorrow. It's been planned for over a month. We all had planned to drive our show vehicles up there but they're calling for rain so that part is out. I expect to have a good time. By the way I checked & they are friendly to carrying. (Concealed.. Which I do. Don't know about open carry there. Sorry, didn't ask.)

Informed Decision

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Evansville
    View attachment 46063

Sorry about the picture. Lucky I got it to load!
    View attachment 46064
    An amazing place!
    View attachment 46065View attachment 46066
    They also had real aircraft there but too cold to walk around too much.
    There was an F-16, an F-4, an F-86, a DC-3 cargo plane, Huewey's, Howetzer's, They even had a shore defense pill box like you would have seen on Normady beach.
    One of the display cases highlighted Mr James Greshem. The first American GI to die in WW1. I didn't know he received a "Medal of Honor "
    I bet not many know that when the Japanese sent their people off to fight they would carry a flag signed by everyone in their village or a red sun scarf that had little black dot marks for everyone in their village. That way they weren't alone. The whole village was with them.
    Definitely plan to go back when warmer.

Top Bottom