• ...and so much more!
  • edwea

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    Was in the local store this morning, just looking. The Glock 43 I have been wanting was on sale. I held it in my hand, dry fired a couple of times. It was what I have been wanting and felt very natural in my hand. AND I had cash in my pocket. After a few minutes of deliberation...I just had to walk away. Kid #5 on the way and house hunting take priority. It will likely be there next time. Tough to turn it down though with cash in hand. If I had known how much I would have to say 'no' to myself as an adult, I probably would have said 'yes' much more when I was younger.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Sucks huh? Delayed gratification is sweeter anyway. G43s aren't going anywhere. Save money and plan ahead and you'll get it sooner than you think. You did the right thing for your current situation.

I've gotten to where I avoid gun shops completely anymore. Just can't afford to be tempted right now.

wizardfitz

Expert
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    franklin,in
    I've gotten to where I avoid gun shops completely anymore. Just can't afford to be tempted right now.[/QUOTE]

This I couldn't walk out without something in my hand

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I also didn't buy a Glock today but only because the LGS I stopped into did not have the gun I wanted in stock. :(

The wife has a G43 and likes it a lot! Sweet little pistola.

mikebol

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2015
    Trafalgar
    The smell and feel of a new gun is how some people feel behind the wheel of a new car. Best to avoid the car lot all together and the LGS for others.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I don't want to think about the stuff I shouldn't have passed on over the last 40 years.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I know how you feel. I was in the same boat a few years ago having a second child, moving into a bigger home, quitting my job, returned to school. I sold off a lot.

Sacrifice sucks although it was the right move. Good job Dad!

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Still can't stand that Glock trigger. I test fired couple mags when it first came out, pass.

Top Bottom