• ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Wait, did it snow?

Did run the snowblower late yesterday. Driveway should melt in the sun today. Actually had to shovel some of the chicken run. Dumb birds don't like it when the snow is up to their butts. Won't come out of the coop.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Heading out to shovel my drive here in a little bit. Then off to run a couple of errands, come home and start a batch of chili in the crockpot to eat on all week. Maybe watch a little football to see who the Colts would have played next. :(

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I started pushing snow around 6am Sat morning. I did it once every couple hours and it was easy peasy...front walkway, driveway, spot in the yard for the Chihuahuas. Had a snowball fight with my daughter. Wore my boots and overalls all day. Ate a bunch of food, napped, watched football, ate more, shoveled more, had a drink, slept like a baby. Now THAT was the Christmas day I envisioned..perfect

We got 7 1/4" here

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Down south we dodged a lot of the rougher stuff that some of you folks got up north. We were above freezing most of yesterday with a little snow, but mostly drizzle. Our snow level melted down from 3-4 inches. There is still snow cover, but my country road is just wet.

Temp here now is 31. Things are crunchy and we just started getting a pretty good burst of snow again.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    What little bit of snow that was left on the driveway and vehicles has melted away now. Really, if it had been 5-10 degrees colder, this wouldn't have been a big deal at all. Could've just cleared off everything with my leafblower, but it was so heavy I couldn't even really push it with the shovel, so it was scoop and carry. That part sucked.

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    Looks like another strong storm signal for next weekend. Some models calling for another 5 to 8 inches in central Indiana.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    I'm happy I bought a snow-blower on clearance last year, as are the neighbors I cleared for this morning. :yesway:

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Understandable. I'm just getting to the age where I consider it cheaper than a heart attack.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I wish I had room to store one. But with my luck, if I did buy one, we would enter into the longest snow-drought in history. :):
    Snowblowers and generators are like having insurance. You hope you never need it but when you do it can save you a lot of grief.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    I bought a snow blower late 2017 I think. So far I think I have used it less that half a dozen times. But my retiree neighbor next door has benefited from my purchase.

This morning he came over and dropped off $25 for me. My wife tried to refuse the money, but he insisted. I don’t do it for him for the money, I do it because I can. He doesn’t need to be out there with his heart condition using a shovel.

I don’t use the blower for the guy on the other side of us unless he is out of town. He is younger than I am, and in way better shape than I am. If he is out of town I do it because his elderly mother who lives with him doesn’t need to be out there shoveling. Heck, if he asked I’d let him borrow it anyways.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We have not touched our drive or sidewalk. No need to. I looked on the security cameras TV and saw a couple of guys shoveling my drive...:dunno:
    I went out and the neighbor had his crew out doing the neighbors drives/walks. They worked a short day and wanted full pay so he brought them here.

Wow.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Snowblowers and generators are like having insurance. You hope you never need it but when you do it can save you a lot of grief.

Yep, I agree with the logic, but storage is a problem for me. One car garage that my little car barely fits in, and a small shed that houses all my yard/garden tools, lawn tractor, push mower, Troy-bilt tiller, plus miscellaneous other "stuff". Just no room, unless I were to build another shed.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    We cleaned the drive off for the first time this evening. That was a wet, heavy snow. Great for snowmen and forts, bad for shoveling. I enjoyed having with nothing to do and no reason to go outside.

deo62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Guess being colder up here helped, snow not so wet. Wasn't bad shoveling every couple of hours. I don't shovel the drive anymore, we have two capable 4 wheel drives and if they can't get thru the drive, we don't need to go anywhere.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Spent most of Saturday going around with the kids so they could make a few bucks shoveling. I blade off the driveways with the garden tractor while they shovel the walks, edges, porches, etc.

Went to a buddies with the family to watch the game with friends which was fine until a lady with a baby in the back went sideways FAST into the transformer pole across from the end of the driveway. Amazingly no one died, although she was not in good shape. Baby was fine. Needless to say the night took a bit of a turn with no power, 20+ kids present, a completely closed road etc. Guardian angels were working overtime for a lot of people.

Today has been uneventful, which was just fine. Just finished fabricating a lift arm reinforcement for the tractor plow as it was failing.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom