• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I don't know if there's some argument going on between God and the leadership in southern Indiana, but every year we are subjected to the plague of ladybugs. They turn one of the more pleasant parts of the year into a smelly mess. Sprayed the house down with high test permethrin today which will keep them at bay. Getting bug bombs for the barns tomorrow.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Seemed more dramatic if I tossed the pharaoh, flies, and locusts in for the explanation.;)

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    That's racist and sexist. Reported!

I believe it works out to be more an issue of 'dumbassism' given that the rancor is directed at the dumbasses who thought importing them was a good idea and proceeded to do so.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I believe it is a result of the introduction of Asian ladybugs to combat aphids.

Mail order Bug brides? Who woulda thunk it...:)

In Perry County I literally gather them up with a shovel after their demise...They are everywhere at our place....But seriously I placed some very sensitive microphones where they were congregating and when I played the tape back it sounded something like this....

[video=youtube;_A8_a--Ni4Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_A8_a--Ni4Q[/video]

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Same here more than you can count, every year at soybean harvest. They bite too, was outside working and had several on me and one started chewing on my neck. The smack resulted in a smelly mess, acrid/pungent smell. Do any birds prey on them??

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Same here more than you can count, every year at soybean harvest. They bite too, was outside working and had several on me and one started chewing on my neck. The smack resulted in a smelly mess, acrid/pungent smell. Do any birds prey on them??

QFT ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I hate those freaking things..... Shop vac will get them in the house but they stink it up too.

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    Not just in Indiana. In the arrowhead region of MN they are prolific. And no soybean fields here. They were in my cabin. They eat the bodies of black flies. But they leave the wings! Very weird. So at least they were not biting us but it sucks being asleep and having them crash land on your forehead.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    My house is filled with lady bugs! There are even more outside! I usually use the vacuum and suck them up but then it smells terrible. There just isn't much of a way to win when it comes to those suckers!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine

The chickens and guineas won't eat them here.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    They do serve one purpose, every gap, crack, loose or cut screen, poorly sealed door will be exposed.

Nothing works better then a central vac. We just leave it hooked up and by the doors on the south wall. Canister is in the basement. After our record winter in 2014 last Fall was not too bad but they have now clearly recovered here.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Very few in our neck of the woods this year. However, Thursday I was in one of the local tire and brake emporiums and by the time they got my tires rotated I was ready to run out the door screaming the damn bugs were so bad.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom