• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PlinKing2392

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Avon
    I heard it again today, that Indiana will stop issuing lifetime LTCH's. This time it was due to the fact that Gov. Daniels will be leaving office soon, and he was the reason for them in the first place. As I have my LTCH it doesn't effect me, but I just wanted to be sure to let everyone know to run out and get one while they still can! :rolleyes:(should be purple).

Can anyone, if possible, confirm this? And if not, can we talk about, at least I think, the IN GOV is starting these rumors every few months to boost sales?

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I heard it again today, that Indiana will stop issuing lifetime LTCH's. This time it was due to the fact that Gov. Daniels will be leaving office soon, and he was the reason for them in the first place. As I have my LTCH it doesn't effect me, but I just wanted to be sure to let everyone know to run out and get one while they still can! :rolleyes:(should be purple).

Can anyone, if possible, confirm this? And if not, can we talk about, at least I think, the IN GOV is starting these rumors every few months to boost sales?

Whenever elections change the political landscape over time, there's no telling what the future can bring.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    If a month goes by that I don't hear this rumor, I just mention it casually at the local gun shop. :evilangel:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

Best I could confirm it was started by a clerk at Howard County Sheriff's Department who thought it would prevent people from seeking the LTCH upgrade early and limiting the work she had to do.

The rumor had an air of validity as people confused the admin rule of IDNR (lifetime hunting license) with a statute (lifetime carry license).

PMY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2008
    Mishawaka
    Could this person also tell me who will win the Super Bowl? As long as we've got access to someone who knows the future, we might make some money off of it!

Also, nothing against Gov. Daniels, but Sen. Jim Tomes might disagree about who was "the reason for them in the first place."

PlinKing2392

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Avon
    I talked to a buddy in the IN Gov, don't ask me what he does, all I know is he works very closely with the mayoral candidates. Either way, he confirmed, like I thought he would that the lifetime LTCH isn't going anywhere, in fact, he mentioned an addition to the state constitution that gives hoosiers the right to hunt and fish. Is there a need for it, probably not, but I like it either way.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Sen. Jim Tomes might disagree about who was "the reason for them in the first place."

What would Senator Tomes tell us?:dunno:

Something about Senator Nugent?

Are you saying Senator Tomes introduced the lifetime license? We better alert the boys in the politics section because the Indiana Senate has access to Haliburton's Time Machine!!!

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    What would Senator Tomes tell us?:dunno:

Something about Senator Nugent?

Are you saying Senator Tomes introduced the lifetime license? We better alert the boys in the politics section because the Indiana Senate has access to Haliburton's Time Machine!!!

While Sen. Tomes was not in the Senate at that time, as the voice of 2nd Amendment Patriots, he and his group were instrumental in getting the word out to the legislators to get it passed. This is the majority of the reason that representatives of his group were present when Gov. Daniels signed it.

I know you know all this, Kirk, but others might read your post and think that Jim was not due any credit at all, when nothing could be further from the truth.

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom