• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    https://jalopnik.com/how-the-tesla-cybertruck-hypothetically-measures-up-to-1839993925
    The review doesn't state how far the truck can go while meeting these specs though.

Well, it's not the "cybertruck", but here's a look at an electric vehicle towing.
    Basically, range sucks.
    You'll spend as much time charging as driving.
    I think the "mileage" was about 1/3.
    I think they went from about a 300 mile range, to 100 mile.

[video=youtube;-cvNfmL7XQg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cvNfmL7XQg[/video]

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts

I was still in school when social media and the reliance on technology came about and there was still a fair bit of shame around anybody who was considered promiscuous or had nudes going around. I'd put more of the blame on the internet in general for providing a platform for deviants to get together and say "Look how many of us there are, this is totally normal!"

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Dave Rubin announces new platform that gives power back to the creators

Prominent YouTuber Dave Rubin has introduced a new platform called Locals.com which intends to give “power” back to the creators, rather than to organizations like YouTube and Patreon who have often been criticized for being censorious and manipulative.

Speaking to The Post Millennial, Rubin described Locals.com as a “subscription-based community network for creators … I fully believe that the future of the internet is bottom-up instead of top-down.”

Rubin went on to say that content creators are “frustrated by these giant tech platforms and the way they manipulate the algorithm, the way they shadowban, the way they de-platform, and what I realized was that for me as an independent content creator, I needed to make sure that all my digital assets, my videos, my audios, the way I can communicate with fans, is protected”

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    [h=1]What You Need to Know About YouTube’s New COPPA Child-Directed Content Rules[/h]https://variety.com/2020/digital/news/ftc-rules-child-directed-content-youtube-1203454167/

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    'nuther random question for my fellow nerds.

Conferencing for home office. What do you all use? Recommend?

I have a great headset from Jabra, but it is annoying to wear all day. I have been looking at USB or Bluetooth "speakerphones", and found both a Sennheiser and a Jabra that look good. I tried using my Echo Dot, and well, it sucks. Have to "dial in" using voice, and then audio quality is terrible.

I have also been kicking around something for video conferencing (webcam). The folks I tend to work with are starting to use video to feel more "connected". Guess I need to shave....

Wish I could find an all-in-one solution that was reasonable quality AND cost effective. Clear video, good noise cancelling mics, and full/rich audio (good enough for music). Amazon has an eMeet branded device, but not only have I never heard of them, they don't seem to even have a website. Everything else seems to either be a webcam/mic only, OR is a pretty expensive conference room solution.

So, whatcha got?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    What are you using for your phone service?

Are you using a laptop or desktop? Most laptops have cameras these days. That is what I would use, except I just turn the video off.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN

Are you using a laptop or desktop? Most laptops have cameras these days. That is what I would use, except I just turn the video off.
    Phone? Thru Endeavor (VOIP). For most work "calls" I am using Skype for Business or our own product (Bb Collaborate).

My laptop has a camera, but I leave it docked and closed. My setup is 2x23" displays, bluetooth keyboard/mouse, and my Jabra headset.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

We use Skype instant messenger. We have voice, and the presenter can share a presentation on his screen with everyone, but we don't have video capability (or it's just not enabled). We just use the built-in mic and speakers on our laptops. I wouldn't call it music quality though.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I feel bad for you guys, I cannot stand Skype. We use Webex, which I find to work a LOT better.

I have an older version of this speaker which works well with my Cell Phone as a speaker phone.
    https://smile.amazon.com/Harman-Kar...&qid=1579011848&sprefix=harman,aps,163&sr=8-3

It was OK for music, and I imagine the newer ones are better.

I use an actual Cisco IP phone at home. We use Cisco VOIP at my company, so it is really easy.

Top Bottom