• ...and so much more!
  • jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Hum... anyway to post modify it?
    I know on the 2006 vehicle I have the "seat belt" alarm will go off if you dont have it on and are driving. There is a way to disable that damb alarm.
    Of course with enough know how but always with side effects like warning lights to say that the system has faulted.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Hum... anyway to post modify it?
    I know on the 2006 vehicle I have the "seat belt" alarm will go off if you dont have it on and are driving...

In that situation I know of a way to disable the alarm that is nearly foolproof.

Let me guess, your uncle's cousin's friend from school's aunt's son got in an accident and would have burned to death if he wore a seatbelt.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    In that situation I know of a way to disable the alarm that is nearly foolproof.

Let me guess, your uncle's cousin's friend from school's aunt's son got in an accident and would have burned to death if he wore a seatbelt.

Or drowned; don't forget all the people who have drowned from wearing their seatbelts!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

:facepalm:
    Nah the issue I had was putting heavy stuff on the passenger seat and the stupid vehicle thinking someone was sitting there.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    :facepalm:
    Nah the issue I had was putting heavy stuff on the passenger seat and the stupid vehicle thinking someone was sitting there.

My BMW is particularly fussy about that, too. Anything heavier than a book seems to make the car think someone is sitting there.

That car is about to be traded in, for many reasons, but not that one. :):

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    I prefer my dads 1976 mustang.
    Just put fuel in it and go! None of this fluff stuff.

1976? Mustang II? If I remember correctly, it should have the early Ford electronic ignition, which was a great improvement over points. The color of the grommet was essential when ordering a replacement:

81BM6NjuxrL._SL1500_.jpg

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    No :poop:!

My new car has a lot of these stupid safety features. You have to turn most of them off EVERY ****ING TIME you start the car. The frontal collision one then puts not one, but two amber warning lights on your display.

On a number of newer cars, you can store a profile in the cars memory of multiple driver's preferences and specify in your preference the disabling of many safety nannies. Since engaging a particular profile is an affirmative action, it satisfies the company lawyers and thus allows quite a wide variety of system shutdowns

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I know I've griped about this in multiple threads, but I wish I could disable the ABS in my Hyundai Elantra Touring. If it starts to slide even a little bit, the brake pedal delivers rapid fire hammer blows to the bottom of my foot, and the steering column locks. I'm basically just along for the ride at that point. From everything I've gleaned from Hyundai forums this is perfectly normal. :n00b: I've never had any other vehicle with ABS do anything like that. They don't provide any "feedback" to the brake pedal, and they certainly don't lock the steering column.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Changes to YouTube Terms of Service?

Got this email today. Don't quite understand the legal G-speak???

We’re updating our Terms of Service (“Terms”) to improve readability and transparency. This update does not change the Google Privacy Policy, nor the way we collect and process your data.
    We’ve provided a summary of key changes but here’s what you can expect:

Terms that are clearer and easier to understand with useful links to help you navigate YouTube and better understand our policies.

Expanded commitments to notify you about changes that may affect you, such as product updates or future changes to the Terms; and

Better alignment between our Terms and how YouTube works today.
    The new Terms will take effect on 10 December, 2019. Please make sure you read the updated Terms carefully. If you would like more information, you can find additional information in our Help Center.
    If you allow your child to use YouTube Kids, then please note that you are agreeing to the new Terms on behalf of your child as well.
    You can always review your privacy settings and manage how your data is used by visiting your Google Account.
    Thank you for being part of the YouTube community!
    © 2019 Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043.
    You have received this mandatory service announcement to update you about important changes to the YouTube Terms.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    The ABS, traction control, and AWD are all off in my car because of a faulty speed sensor in one of the wheels and I'm not even worried about getting it fixed right away. I've been driving 2WD vehicles every winter for the last 18 years anyway.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    AWD can help in lots of conditions, but it is not the miracle in snow it is made out to be by the manufacturers. Snow tires are more important than AWD.

Having said that, I don't buy cars without AWD anymore.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Above 40mph, 4wd/awd doesn’t matter much, except where active traction control can put power to wheels with most traction when a vehicle starts to lose control at those speeds. But priority at higher speeds is definitely tires first, 4wd/awd with traction control next, and that’s mostly what matters. If you’re talking about driving through deep snow at slower speeds: tires, clearance, 4wd, lockable diffs, in that order. In deep snow, given the tires and clearance, awd + traction control, can be effective but that’s not as effective as 4wd with lockers.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    All part of the plan.
    Those in power dont need the masses to think or become self aware per say. They need an semi able working class that will be slaves but not know they are slaves.

This is how it's been thru-out history of our spieces.
    With very few examples of it not being that way. Our founding fathers being one of those examples.

Give it a bit more time and human nature will revert back to what it always does.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    The future is technology, the brains plastic and doesnt care what parts are used for what. I dont have any issue with the brain changing to fit changing technology.
    However I wouldn't give kids anything highly addictive that they'd overuse.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    UI/Unifi really stepped in this one.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/11/07/ubiquiti_networks_phone_home/

TL;DR Company rolls out a new firmware and conveniently forgets to tell us that it now phones home and shares telemetry data. There is no way to opt out. And this isnt traditional free crap where you expect these kind of shenanigans. These are bought and paid for routers and switches.

But the company assures us in the next release they will give us a way to opt out. When? Wont say.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    https://www.quantamagazine.org/neutrinos-lead-to-unexpected-discovery-in-basic-math-20191113/

Physicists studying neutrinos figure out a previously unknown (and unsuspected) link between eigenvalues and eigenvectors that simplify the calculations in the latter.

That's kinda obscure, but it deals with mathematical operations to rotate and transform matrices of objects from the real world.

Ok. That's still obscure. But, the article doesn't say it, but this could be a real breakthrough for computer programming of simulations.

Top Bottom