• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    For anyone that's followed the space exploration game "No Man's Sky", they released a major update today that introduces a number of improvements, including the starting stages of multiplayer.

Atlas Rises Update : No Man's Sky

Also seems to be on sale for $24 at Steam, GOG and HumbleBundle Store.

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So Sonic Mania is out on consoles, and soon to be PC. It's a return to the 2D side-scrolling era, and receiving great reviews. Looking forward to trying it out.

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    I haven't seen it abbreviated as plunkbat, but I have been playing the hell out of pubg lately. It is ridiculously fun and frustrating at the same time. If I get good scopes, I don't get good rifles. If i find a ton of loot, I don't get a backpack. Still mighty fun for early access. Feel free to add me on steam: poop.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    That's awesome.

I actually remember that in Contra and had seen some of those references.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Best Buy pre-orders of SNES Classic went up, and already sold out.

Also looks like my patience may pay off with not updating my Switch... some headway has been made in hacking the Switch, huzzah

Also new Overwatch map revealed at Gamescom yesterday, as well as a trailer for Age of Empires 4.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The HTC Vive got a $200 permanent price cut, down to $600.

Drop another hundred, or get some sort of sale/coupon code down to $500 and I might have to pull the trigger.

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    I jumped on early and got the rift a couple of months ago.....which at the time seemed like a good deal. Now that they have both dropped I probably would've sprung a bit more for the vive. I have a very function 360 set-up with 3 cameras, but making it larger will take more usb extenders and hdmi extenders to get as large as I want.

I do have to say that VR is quite amazing. I still play plenty of normal games, but gun play using your actual limbs to aim with and interact with the world is amazing.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Been playing as Junkrat lately, so cool to see him intro a new map.

Looking forward to the upcoming change for him, giving him a second mine.

Also looks like D.Va is getting missiles as an added skill, with the ability to shoot while boosting... at the cost of halving her shield duration.

Who do you prefer? I have a hard time deciding which OW girl I'm best with... My wife plays a lot of D.Va and Junkrat. I tend to favor D.Va, Tracer, Mei, and Mercy...

overwatch___girls_just_wanna_have_fun__by_nakanoart-da52crd.jpg

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Looking forward to the upcoming change for him, giving him a second mine.

Also looks like D.Va is getting missiles as an added skill, with the ability to shoot while boosting... at the cost of halving her shield duration.

Who do you prefer? I have a hard time deciding which OW girl I'm best with... My wife plays a lot of D.Va and Junkrat. I tend to favor D.Va, Tracer, Mei, and Mercy...

overwatch___girls_just_wanna_have_fun__by_nakanoart-da52crd.jpg

I mostly go with whatever my son likes. :)

For healer, we like Lucio. Offense either McCree (he likes the revolver) or Tracer. We've also played as Torbjorn (I like figuring out the best place for the turret). We don't tank much. There's usually someone else (or a couple) who want to do that. I'd love to be more of a sniper, but because none of the maps really have long distances, and the players are incentivized to move around alot, there isn't a real sniper role IMHO.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    New Overwatch Animation, "Rise and Shine"

Seriously, Blizzard rivals Pixar with their quality.

[video=youtube;8tjcm_kI0n0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tjcm_kI0n0[/video]

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yeah, I don't think we're too far away from having a serious entertainment overlap between movies and games. Not just cross marketing or that kind of thing - actual integrated experience. Blizzard is absolutely in the middle of that development.

(Cool seeing the maps in this different context, too.)

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Oh, and I'd put the Battlefront II trailers in almost the same category of quality.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Based on the recommendations of a good buddy and this thread, I got PUBG and have been playing the heck out of it, thanks for the recommendation!

We played so much contra, soooo sooo much contra, ".......B, A, Select, Start" if you had a friend!

Top Bottom