• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ronald

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2011
    Not counting BB/pellet guns, I would guess my grandfather's Savage Arms Model 3B.

Last edited:

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    The first gun I ever shot was a Colt Officer's Model. The darn thing stovepiped on every magazine, so I didn't have any desire to mess with a 1911 style pistol for a number of years.

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    My father's model 77 Winchester, it is a semi-auto .22LR. His was stolen back in the 70s, but I found one just like it while browsing in a gun store in Boulder, CO. I will never sell it.

Terry

Daniel686

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    Terre Haute
    Man that question brings back some good memories! My very first gun was a daisy single shot .22. Had to pull the firing pin back every shot. A lot of little critters met their dome with that little .22.

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    First real gun/shotgun:Age 15:: Mossberg 500C 20 gauge.

First handgun/revolver/:Age 16::Nickel plated Taurus 38 *can't remember model*

First handgun/semi auto:Age 17::Glock 19

First rifle:: Crap I can't remember!! :D

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    My first gun was my Dad's Ruger 22lr pistol.......just like today's Single Six. I was 7. Got a BB gun later that year. The next year, bought my 22 rifle (winchester bolt action) from one of our teachers for $5. My brother still has the gun. Then at 12, bought my Browning BLR-22 lever action with my bean walking money. Next summer, I ordered my 20 gauge from Sears (winchester 37-a single shot). At 16 I bought my Remington Wingmaster 12 gauge (left handed model). And at 18, bought my Ruger MK 1 target pistol.

Only one I still have is the 20 gauge shotgun. sold most of them for tuition money for college.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    It was a High Standard "Sport King." Had a little help (ALOT!) from my Dad. I don't think I even really pulled the trigger. More like, I had both my little hands on the bottom of the butt while my dad pulled the trigger.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    For me It was my Grandmothers Single shot .22, a Remington I think. Good Memories of going up to her farm near Attica IN. Blasting enemy tin cans one shot at a time. My dad used to go to this little store near her farm and pay like .50 cents for a box of 50 .22lr. Could not miss with that old rifle, would have loved to have put that thing on paper, cause I'll bet it was a tack driver!

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I was 6. My dad, uncle, and I went out to the grandparent's farm. I shot a 12ga. 1100, 9mm, and a .22 rifle. I had to have help from my dad to hold the 1100 muzzle up, and I hated the 22...lol...because it seemed quiet and weak after the 12ga. just about knocked me down. ...and it's been my obsession ever since

Last edited:

Nightwalker65

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2011
    Seymour
    The first gun I ever shot was a .32 muzzleloader that had been rebored to .335,I was about 6 or 7,my Grandpa knelt in front of me with the stock on his shoulder,while I aimed and fired.....my first shot,and my first bullseye(whole lotta luck!) I've been hooked ever since

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    This is the same make/model of gun I learned to shoot with.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/long_guns/103861-j_stevens_arms_co_springfield_model_56_a.html

I started when I was 8, it was sitting in the corner of a bedroom closet. I knew it was there for years, same with my dad's WWII bringbacks, which were in another bedroom closet. Nobody was around one summer Saturday, so I went & got the ammo (knew where that was too), took it out in the back yard, loaded it, shot at cans in the burn pile. Took it back inside, put it away, sat down in front of the TV & watched Roadrunner.

True story.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    first gun i ever shot was a .22 at some horrible summer camp where they actually gave you a nail and 5 rounds to shoot. the nail was to dig the case out because the extractors were all broke!

jake

Top Bottom