• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    This is a routine story about a scumbag that escaped custody in 1994, adopted a new identity and has been living on the run for 30 years. Nine years ago state officials asked the US Marshall service to help track him down. He was arrested earlier this month. What caught my eye is that the Marshals Service said about how they caught him:
    "After spending nine years trying to find him, the agency said that "new investigative technology employed by the Diplomatic Security Service" finally helped develop meaningful leads in 2024.

A different article states that the Marshalls service declined to describe the new technology that was used.

I'm always curious about the new and innovative methods our government uses to spy on it's citizens.
    Now I'm curious about a new technology used by an obscure federal agency (that's focused on overseas issues) with the ability to track domestic citizens criminals.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    I'm going to go with biometrics/facial recognition at an airport.

Likely developed for customs & immigration points, but being deployed as part of ID verification at TSA pre-screening checkpoints (where they match ID to boarding pass).

Top Bottom