• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    The main reason for the trip, get Gma to the beach one last time before we bury her ashes next weekend. Some may find this strange, others crazy, some as crazy as me will find it cool. This will go down as one of my greatest memories ever. Brings tears to my eyes just typing this. I miss that old woman... She was taken from us far too young. She got to enjoy one last hour laying on the beach, although it wasn't her favorite Aruba, I don't think she would have complained. She most definitely would have complained about the ride in a rusty old junk car. :):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The main reason for the trip, get Gma to the beach one last time before we bury her ashes next weekend. Some may find this strange, others crazy, some as crazy as me will find it cool. This will go down as one of my greatest memories ever. Brings tears to my eyes just typing this. I miss that old woman... She was taken from us far too young. She got to enjoy one last hour laying on the beach, although it wasn't her favorite Aruba, I don't think she would have complained. She most definitely would have complained about the ride in a rusty old junk car. :):

Rusty this is one of the coolest things I think I have seen in a long while.

Good on you my friend. Good on you.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas

This is was the best road trip ever Rusty. Tell this story until your last day. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    This is was the best road trip ever Rusty. Tell this story until your last day. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Thank you, sir. I intend to. I started realizing that if I'm gonna be that old man telling crazy stories someday, I actually have to live the stories.psyko

Got home a little bit ago. Overall the car performed really well. Did some calculations. I left the Fort at 5:00 PM Friday, we got to Destin, FL at 10:30 AM Saturday. Left the Air Force museum at 3:30 PM Saturday. Pulled into my cousins house in Battle Ground at 7:00 AM today. Total trip was 1,876 miles, total drive time was 29 hrs 23 mins. I only had 1 hour total of sleep durning all of this from stopping once each way for a 1/2 hr nap. Stopped for fuel 12 times total, burned about 160 gal of 87 octane, got about 11.7 mpg. This is one I will never forget.:)

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Thank you, sir. I intend to. I started realizing that if I'm gonna be that old man telling crazy stories someday, I actually have to live the stories.psyko

Got home a little bit ago. Overall the car performed really well. Did some calculations. I left the Fort at 5:00 PM Friday, we got to Destin, FL at 10:30 AM Saturday. Left the Air Force museum at 3:30 PM Saturday. Pulled into my cousins house in Battle Ground at 7:00 AM today. Total trip was 1,876 miles, total drive time was 29 hrs 23 mins. I only had 1 hour total of sleep durning all of this from stopping once each way for a 1/2 hr nap. Stopped for fuel 12 times total, burned about 160 gal of 87 octane, got about 11.7 mpg. This is one I will never forget.:)

That is ****ing awesome! Glad your safe, you did a good thing. Now get some sleep. :laugh:

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Pocket hand warmer stapled to the back stop at 140 yards.

85F16D14-A642-470A-BC6B-167BB1B886AD_zps2hyjc2af.png

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008

Rusty you did good, real good. Congrats on living up to a promise.

TWEAKD4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    NE Indiana
    Rusty it looks like grandma was looking out for you traveling. She blessed you two with beautiful weather and good times. I didn't see a single cloud in any of your photos. We take a similar trip every year to Pensacola Beach and I am familiar with driving straight through. You have so much more energy driving down than driving home. It will take you a week to catch up on sleep. Very cool journey.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom