Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I took the new to me P01 to the range last evening and put a couple of mags through her for an op test. Everything functioned fine. The SA is a little nicer than usual for a surplus. The DA is about as expected. The Wizard ran a magazine and the accuracy was pretty good.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I took the new to me P01 to the range last evening and put a couple of mags through her for an op test. Everything functioned fine. The SA is a little nicer than usual for a surplus. The DA is about as expected. The Wizard ran a magazine and the accuracy was pretty good.

Sounds like a good place to start ;)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

I can't wait to see how this one turns out BA. I'm kind of getting in the mood for a project myself. There isn't gun money in the hobby account, so I need to focus on what is already here. AllenM has my DE for Cerakote and checkering right now. I think I'll call that one done when it comes back, but there are others that could use some attention.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I'm really growing fond of the decockers... Although I haven't had one apart yet. I'm still in a carry gun funk. I thought I had a plan, can't leave good enough alone. Mixed it up again last night..

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Funny thing, before about six months or so ago most of my guns had Meprolight night sights. I have since transitioned all of my remaining CZs to either TFX or TFX Pro sights. Yesterday afternoon at the range I shot the Wizard's Phantom that he had just installed a 10x bushing in. The gun shot beautifully but using those Meprolights was awful.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Morning folks! :coffee:

I can't wait to see how this one turns out BA. I'm kind of getting in the mood for a project myself. There isn't gun money in the hobby account, so I need to focus on what is already here. AllenM has my DE for Cerakote and checkering right now. I think I'll call that one done when it comes back, but there are others that could use some attention.

There are a couple of 85Bs out in the wild. I have had so much success with that particular model that I am sorely tempted to get another one.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Funny thing, before about six months or so ago most of my guns had Meprolight night sights. I have since transitioned all of my remaining CZs to either TFX or TFX Pro sights. Yesterday afternoon at the range I shot the Wizard's Phantom that he had just installed a 10x bushing in. The gun shot beautifully but using those Meprolights was awful.

Yep, I'm with you on that BA. I bought that lovely matte stainless 75B from 88, which had mepros and couldn't wait for him to switch them with the TFX sights I'd originally picked up for the SP-01. Love the gun with the new sights! Thanks again to 88 for swapping them for me :yesway:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Yep, I'm with you on that BA. I bought that lovely matte stainless 75B from 88, which had mepros and couldn't wait for him to switch them with the TFX sights I'd originally picked up for the SP-01. Love the gun with the new sights! Thanks again to 88 for swapping them for me :yesway:

I guess we've become sight snobs as well as trigger snobs. ;)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've posted this before, worth a repost.

[video=youtube;li0rGtXh23I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=li0rGtXh23I&feature=share[/video]

That is exactly how I was taught to shoot a hand gun. Of course it was some 52 years ago and all the "New" and improved shooters make fun of my stance and such but I hit what I am looking at.
    Stand/grip as it works for you. Leave me the heck alone please.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    That is exactly how I was taught to shoot a hand gun. Of course it was some 52 years ago and all the "New" and improved shooters make fun of my stance and such but I hit what I am looking at.
    Stand/grip as it works for you. Leave me the heck alone please.
    How come you waited so long to learn to shoot a handgun? I for sure thought you'd be one of the first on the line in the 1500s?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom