Not open for further replies.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    As BA said we carry CZ's in the half cock position round chambered. The half cock notch is substantial and the hammer and sear are hardened parts. I can not fathom it failing but anything can fail. If it were to fail the firing pin block is the second part of safety as it will only allow the firing pin to strike the primer when the trigger is pulled completely to the rear. When you pull the trigger from either half cock or at full rest the sear leg advances to contact the firing pin block lifter arm leg and it raises into contact with the FP block lifting it upward into the slide. When it is at the top of its lift clearance is given for the firing pin to strike the primer when the hammer drops and bang the fun begins:bacondance: Most of the trigger take up is attributed to the movement of the FP lifter and block assembly.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Once I get done with this current "government" project, I'm gonna dig into some CZs of my own. Want to work on the Rat Rod frame some. Beavertail area and undercut trigger guard.

I'm having a tough morning. I have a surplus gun calling my name. I don't think I can resist. I thought, just for a brief period, that I was over this. :ugh:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom