Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I decided to carry the SP01 Tac for the first time today. So far, so good with the weight, but it's only been 5 minutes and 4 of those were spent sitting at the computer. I'm going to go mow the lawn now. It will be a bit more of a carry test, but I don't see it as being much different than carrying the Heritage or other heavyweight pistol. It's just nice to have it out of the safe for a bit.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The P-09 looks pretty sweet. Large capacity, hammer, light, well made... I was originally set on getting an M&P 2.0, but I think that I'll need to look at the P-09 first and see how it feels. From what I've read they are both great guns, but I sure like a hammer!

If I had the time...(and I dont :() you could shoot mine.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The P-09 looks pretty sweet. Large capacity, hammer, light, well made... I was originally set on getting an M&P 2.0, but I think that I'll need to look at the P-09 first and see how it feels. From what I've read they are both great guns, but I sure like a hammer!

The only issue with the P09 is the cost of the mags. If possible, look for a used one were the previous owner bought the extra mags already. My used P09 cost about the same as new but came with 7 mags. Out of the box, the P09s can use a bit of polishing internally, but it an easy thing to do and is similar to the level of work done on the G***k 25 cent trigger job. Or, you can polish them the old fashion way, 124 grains at a time. If you go with a P09, take a look at the factory +2 mag extensions. Shooting a 21+1 round P09 is a lot of fun, but you sure do run out of ammo a lot faster than usual.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The only issue with the P09 is the cost of the mags. If possible, look for a used one were the previous owner bought the extra mags already. My used P09 cost about the same as new but came with 7 mags. Out of the box, the P09s can use a bit of polishing internally, but it an easy thing to do and is similar to the level of work done on the G***k 25 cent trigger job. Or, you can polish them the old fashion way, 124 grains at a time. If you go with a P09, take a look at the factory +2 mag extensions. Shooting a 21+1 round P09 is a lot of fun, but you sure do run out of ammo a lot faster than usual.

"AMMO" hose

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon

It's great you were able to get a used one with 7 mags, that's awesome! That's also a great tip, getting one that already has extra mags. I sure don't mind a used gun, and I don't mind a new one either! :)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It's great you were able to get a used one with 7 mags, that's awesome! That's also a great tip, getting one that already has extra mags. I sure don't mind a used gun, and I don't mind a new one either! :)

Through several trades/manipulations I have managed to gather 9 or 10 mags for my P-09.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Ohh, Ohh, I wonder if that $1200 PSA AR might be gotten by trade for my $1200 Walther P22. You know, it's the sniper version with the threaded barrel and authentic plastic sniper sights (the special kind so they won't see you with a metal detector thingy). It's amazing to me that he's asking exactly what my sniper version P22 is worth. Must be kismet, right?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom