Not open for further replies.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I am sure it is a factor in the re-sale.

Probably. People want the purdy gun to be purdy... :):

Once I calmed down after finding out the finish was damaged, it didn't bother me. It was actually a bit of relief that I didn't have to worry about the finish on my carry gun. Since they tend to occasionally get carry damage anyway, I viewed it as no big deal. Especially in light of the fact that I could get it Cerakoted for not that much money if desired. To each their own though.

Hmmmm. I was just recently looking at a duty coat Valor for carry and was wondering about the finish wear. Saw people mentioning talking with DW about refinishing. Might be worth a re-try.

Yeah, I was thinking that it doesn't hurt to call again. Could have just gotten a dud customer service person. Worth another 15 minutes or so on the phone...

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    It can be a real dilemma when you have several great guns. ;)
    I need a better holster and belt combo if I'm gonna make a full size CZ work. I can do a 1911 just fine with my current set up, but do not have a holster for the CZs, I was using a 1911 one... I am picky about my belts though, ask Travis. :):

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Morning Losey.

Birds, here is the tactical.

50C19C46-C0A5-470D-8290-D79A38CD371E_zpsi6ao3wca.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Probably. People want the purdy gun to be purdy... :):

Once I calmed down after finding out the finish was damaged, it didn't bother me. It was actually a bit of relief that I didn't have to worry about the finish on my carry gun. Since they tend to occasionally get carry damage anyway, I viewed it as no big deal. Especially in light of the fact that I could get it Cerakoted for not that much money if desired. To each their own though.

Yeah, I was thinking that it doesn't hurt to call again. Could have just gotten a dud customer service person. Worth another 15 minutes or so on the phone...

Knowing how a lot of folks will look at a 1911 that is north of 1K this is a huge factor. It would be for me as well. But knowing you it is not that much of a deal.
    To the average buyer browsing to get the most for the least it would be.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom