Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Morning all... :coffee:
    Yeah, I hear ya Tim. I run into examples of that "me first" attitude on a daily basis. Really burns me up that there are so few people who try to be considerate of others anymore :(

It really makes you appreciate the folks that are still considerate when you run into them. They stand out like a beacon of humanity in a sea of greed.

I got the Green Machine and the Ghost back from the Wizard yesterday. He installed 10x bushings in both. They have been sitting in the safe for a while waiting on this upgrade. It was nice to take them to the range last evening. Those are two of the best I have and, in my opinion, represent what it is we hope to achieve when we start upgrading. It was so much fun shooting these truly fantastic guns.

That's pretty cool BA. You should just about be done with the 10X upgrade project to the fleet, I'm thinking. Schmeky should have your photo on the wall of his shop somewhere.

I've been carrying the SP01 Compact lately and really like that little gun. I tend to go back and forth between that and the P01 a lot and really am not sure which I like better overall. Both are fully Cajunized with the exception of neither having the 10X upgrade yet. Both are a joy to shoot, but with a different feel. Steel guns shoot differently than aluminum or stainless guns do. There is a deadening effect in aluminum and stainless that is lacking in steel. Steel deadens recoil with weight, where as it's the material that does it in the P01. A stainless P01 would be perfect in that regard. It's probably the same principle that makes steel a good material for a church bell instead of aluminum or stainless. But, ya, a stainless P01 would be a hard gun to walk away from should I ever see such a beast for sale.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I just realized I'm down to nine CZs. Anyone else feel the earth wobble on its axis?

Ok, now I need to sell some guns. I have a fear of selling my mediocre guns and knowing that you have been able to part with some of the best of the breed should act as an inspiration in the pursuit of simplification of life.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Ok, now I need to sell some guns. I have a fear of selling my mediocre guns and knowing that you have been able to part with some of the best of the breed should act as an inspiration in the pursuit of simplification of life.

There were good people who needed them more than I did. I have another one on the way as I needed a project.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

The only gun left that I'd like to part with is my CCO and it's such a nice gun that it's not causing me any angst to keep it around. I may end up giving it to my son when he graduates college in a couple years and just let him cerakote it to address the mottled slide, if he even cares about that.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    That's pretty cool BA. You should just about be done with the 10X upgrade project to the fleet, I'm thinking. Schmeky should have your photo on the wall of his shop somewhere.

I've been carrying the SP01 Compact lately and really like that little gun. I tend to go back and forth between that and the P01 a lot and really am not sure which I like better overall. Both are fully Cajunized with the exception of neither having the 10X upgrade yet. Both are a joy to shoot, but with a different feel. Steel guns shoot differently than aluminum or stainless guns do. There is a deadening effect in aluminum and stainless that is lacking in steel. Steel deadens recoil with weight, where as it's the material that does it in the P01. A stainless P01 would be perfect in that regard. It's probably the same principle that makes steel a good material for a church bell instead of aluminum or stainless. But, ya, a stainless P01 would be a hard gun to walk away from should I ever see such a beast for sale.

Yes, all done with the 10x upgrades.

As to the "SP01 compact", I have been intrigued by them but, so far, not enough to actually plunk down the cash for one.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The only gun left that I'd like to part with is my CCO and it's such a nice gun that it's not causing me any angst to keep it around. I may end up giving it to my son when he graduates college in a couple years and just let him cerakote it to address the mottled slide, if he even cares about that.

Wow, that would be a very nice gift.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I wouldn't mind letting a couple of the .40s go. As much as I like the round, having two or three would be fine with me instead of the current 5. But, it's not a seller's market for any handgun, let alone a .40 right now. There are a couple of 9s that don't get shot too. I need to keep telling myself that if I don't love shooting it, I should sell it to someone else that might. Right now, the CZs that I love to shoot are the pre-B, SP01 Tac, P01, P07 and SP01C. If I had an unlimited supply of ammo and someone loading mags faster than I could empty them, I'd be more than happy to spend a day shooting that bunch. I dream of putting 5K down range in one day through that group. It will never happen, but it's still a good dream.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think the CopperHead may be moving on.
    It will still be in the family but it is our (:shady:) extended family so I will still see it on occasion.
    If history repeats it will work it's way back to me eventually.....:cool:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Wow, that would be a very nice gift.

Not sure he'll want it. I don't think he plans to carry, so he may actually prefer a full size 1911. In that case he'll either get the stainless Loaded with the CM trigger or the Sig TacOps which Sig has loved on. Either way he'll have a nice first gun :)

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Morning all.

Hey Tom, I was reading something recently. You can send that slide back to DW for a refinish. It was like $125 or something. They can only do the process three times though.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    It's good that it's staying close. It's always sad to see a really nice gun leave the group forever. I still have a soft spot for my old 97B and wonder who has it today.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom