Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Today was filled with suckage! Everything from the commute in, the work day and then the drive home. Suckage! Lots of it too. I hate driving in a 50mph at 35mph in a long string of traffic because two people are cruising at about the same speed next to each other. In the right lane was a couple of old women and I have no problem with the elderly doing their best to get around in traffic. But, in the left lane, pacing them was an airhead texting on her cell phone. Once the old women passed them and traffic started flowing past, the idiot was still cruising at 15 under while focused on her cell phone. I imagine even the old women were shaking their wrinkly old fists at her. Oh well, just another day amongst the 'me' generation I guess.

I did get a package in the mail today that had a bunch of surplus jackets. I picked up a Swiss mountain camouflage field jacket ($12), a Swedish field jacket ($10) and a Dutch flight jacket ($30). The only downside was that the black nylon flight jacket was supposed to be small enough for my son, but they sent it in a 42R. The Swiss jacket has an interesting camo pattern and enough pocket space to fit a small car. I could carry an 5 or 6 AR mags in the chest pockets alone.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Today was filled with suckage! Everything from the commute in, the work day and then the drive home. Suckage! Lots of it too. I hate driving in a 50mph at 35mph in a long string of traffic because two people are cruising at about the same speed next to each other. In the right lane was a couple of old women and I have no problem with the elderly doing their best to get around in traffic. But, in the left lane, pacing them was an airhead texting on her cell phone. Once the old women passed them and traffic started flowing past, the idiot was still cruising at 15 under while focused on her cell phone. I imagine even the old women were shaking their wrinkly old fists at her. Oh well, just another day amongst the 'me' generation I guess.

I did get a package in the mail today that had a bunch of surplus jackets. I picked up a Swiss mountain camouflage field jacket ($12), a Swedish field jacket ($10) and a Dutch flight jacket ($30). The only downside was that the black nylon flight jacket was supposed to be small enough for my son, but they sent it in a 42R. The Swiss jacket has an interesting camo pattern and enough pocket space to fit a small car. I could carry an 5 or 6 AR mags in the chest pockets alone.

The "Me" mentality.
    I hate it.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    The bright point of my day was finding a package on my doorstep when I got home. Nothing fancy, just some nice splatter targets I got on sale, but hey, it's been the kind of day where that's a win.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    The bright point of my day was finding a package on my doorstep when I got home. Nothing fancy, just some nice splatter targets I got on sale, but hey, it's been the kind of day where that's a win.
    No such thing as a bad win. :yesway:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree

Don't let'em under your skin, 88.

If your skin is like mine, there just ain't room for two of us in here.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    That's the only way to keep your sanity in this 'me first' world. There's no changing them. Learning to let it go is the best coping mechanism.
    Until they legalize killing them, but, in the mean time, we should go with your way. :)

Work

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Lafayette
    Does anyone k ow of or have used any magazine extensions on a P01? I believe Taren tactical sells a plus 2, just wasn't sure if anyone had tried it on a p01 before.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Does anyone k ow of or have used any magazine extensions on a P01? I believe Taren tactical sells a plus 2, just wasn't sure if anyone had tried it on a p01 before.
    Greg Cote offers the base pads that make a 16 round mag flush fit in a compact size gun or he offers them already modified. I have several and always use them when carrying a compact size gun.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I got the Green Machine and the Ghost back from the Wizard yesterday. He installed 10x bushings in both. They have been sitting in the safe for a while waiting on this upgrade. It was nice to take them to the range last evening. Those are two of the best I have and, in my opinion, represent what it is we hope to achieve when we start upgrading. It was so much fun shooting these truly fantastic guns.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning all... :coffee:

That's the only way to keep your sanity in this 'me first' world. There's no changing them. Learning to let it go is the best coping mechanism.

Yeah, I hear ya Tim. I run into examples of that "me first" attitude on a daily basis. Really burns me up that there are so few people who try to be considerate of others anymore :(

I got the Green Machine and the Ghost back from the Wizard yesterday. He installed 10x bushings in both. They have been sitting in the safe for a while waiting on this upgrade. It was nice to take them to the range last evening. Those are two of the best I have and, in my opinion, represent what it is we hope to achieve when we start upgrading. It was so much fun shooting these truly fantastic guns.

That sounds awesome BA, congrats!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom